Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
German Shorthaired Pointers.
These are Country Dogs and cannot live in built up areas. They get confused going into villages.
No-one should own one if they can`t look out over open farmland
Their owners must own a suitable vehicle. And preferably some Land.

I obtained this advice from a GSP Rescue so it must be right.
OH NO!!!! My poor Ollie lives in a city!!!!!!!! And I don't even own the house we live in much less any land, nor do we have any car much less a land rover!!!!!

Wait he loves to go walking in the town centre of Derby and has never shown any confusion of doing so, and he seems to think the local park is a great place to get his exercise or going for walks along the river. And he is really great at hunting his ball.
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Can we wander in an orderly fashion back to the topic?
Hijacking is a bit... dull.

In view of my recent acquisition I would like now to put an entry for the Doberman Cross.
Because I now is a hexpert on it.

DOBERMAN X
please note these is always blokes cos there is no Doberwomen is there.
These is like Speshul Dobermen. Like X Men.
They is well batty (no offence meant to any persons with the alternative lifestyle)
I mean they is loonies. (No offence meant to anyone who is a bit medicated like).
I mean they is daft as brushes (no offence intended to domestic implements or to foxes end bits)
But they is a right larf especially when they do the Zebedee thing and boinnnnnnng up an down screamin look there`s a Cat!!!! or a Dog!!!!!!! or a bit ov Paper blowin about!!!!!!!!!!!
They are right good at runnin. Runnin is probly what they do best. And nickin food. And then lookin innocent.
They is handsome beggars (no offence meant to the tin cup brigade) and they is a bit rare - can`t think why....
Dear Thikipedia, I am confused, I read this description of the Dobermann X and it seems to describe my "pedigree" Dobermann completely... Have I been hoodwinked into thinking my dobermann is really one of those rare dobermann x's?
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Kerry Blue terriers-also known as Poodles/Schnauzers/Labradoodles/Scotties

No moulting and no grooming needed either!

Can never be let off the lead as will fight with everything on four legs

Stubborn as are all terriers

Instant babe magnet if you are walking down your local high street with one
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
Dear Thikipedia, I am confused, I read this description of the Dobermann X and it seems to describe my "pedigree" Dobermann completely... Have I been hoodwinked into thinking my dobermann is really one of those rare dobermann x's?
Dobermans come in only one colour, black and tan, some have pointy ears, mostly in america. All other colours of doberman and the ones with full tails and floppy ears is probably crosses even if they have papers to say otherwise...

So yes, you have been hoodwinked. Yours is one fo them doberman Xs
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Fantastice thread, and thank you Thickipedia for the very useful info on the different breeds. Maybe this could be added:

Tibetan Terrier A smaller version of an Old English Sheep Dog or Bearded Collie. Come with a choice of coats which fully develop around 18 months: long and flowing which takes a little grooming, or the matted coat which takes no grooming at all. Friendly dog who will give an audible warning when visitors arrive at your monastery.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Fantastice thread, and thank you Thickipedia for the very useful info on the different breeds. Maybe this could be added:

Tibetan Terrier A smaller version of an Old English Sheep Dog or Bearded Collie. Come with a choice of coats which fully develop around 18 months: long and flowing which takes a little grooming, or the matted coat which takes no grooming at all. Friendly dog who will give an audible warning when visitors arrive at your monastery.
I heard they was descended from lamas. So does they spit?
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
Have no fear. It clearly states the X is as in X Men. Your dobermann is both pedigree and speshul, which makes it ultra rare.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Thikipedia is far more than just breed advice now. I am so proud of it, from a tiny acorn this mighty oak tree of knowledge has grown, by keeping an open writing policy and allowing contributers to change the submissions I think we are creating a new and exciting enthikopeadia for the modern age.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Kerry Blue terriers-also known as Poodles/Schnauzers/Labradoodles/Scotties

No moulting and no grooming needed either!

Can never be let off the lead as will fight with everything on four legs

Stubborn as are all terriers

Instant babe magnet if you are walking down your local high street with one
I was told that by two breederss, at Crufts
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Thought I'd add this one ..... Tibetan Spaniel:

Prospective owners are required to undergo a series of rigorous tests before being accepted as suitable owners of this unique and rare breed ....

Must be fluent in the Tibbie language and have an indepth understanding of the workings of the Tibbie mind - a degree is preferred

Have advanced negotiating skills. Preference will be given to members of the diplomatic service or MI6.

Undergo a means test to determine whether HRH will enjoy the luxury to which he/she considers his/her right by birth..... a live in chef, fulltime personal assistant and resident yak are essential as are plush sofas and cushions.

If necessary prospective owners will be required to trade in their car for a Popemobile in order for sir/madam to be seen in all their splendour whilst travelling.

Should all these pre-requisites be met you will then be asked to sign a contract to love and obey this tiny tyrant and to accept without question that he/she always knows best and his/her decision on whatever subject is FINAL!
Page 28 of 29 « First < 18 25 26 27 28 29 >