Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2008, 07:45 AM
I think they know too.

I used to work in a nursing home on night shift and one night one of more elderly and frail ladies said to me 'I think my times up girl, I'm being called' She explained she just knew. The thing is, she also said that she wouldn't die there and that she was going home. She had lived in Devon all her life and only went to sussex a few years before to live with her daughter. She said 'No gal, I'm going home to die and by my reckoning I'll be there in about three and half hours' and she winked at me. That was just after 10 at night and she died at 1.35 am. I'll never forget that.

Another really sad story was an elderly man that I used to help look after. I used to also do private nursing home care work and I used to go and see this man last thing at night to check he was in bed and tucked up. That was the last check until his daughter would get there in the morning. Anyway, one night I went in and was sat on the edge of his bed talking to him and he said 'I think my time is up' I made a light hearted remark but he said he was serious because his dog had come back. At the time I thought he'd gone barmy but a few months previous his old dog had died and he was absolutely gutted. He said that the night before he felt the dog jump up on the bed and lay down beside him. He said he couldn't see her and he couldn't stroke her but he knew she was there. He then said that if she came again tonight he would go with her as he knew she was telling him it was time.
He died in the night.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 11:04 AM
I dont know about people but I have seen it in horses they get a look in their eye and its like all the pain is gone and they are quiet,I went to watch a colic for my friend while she went out,when I got there she said oh hes doing ok been very quiet for an hour now,she left and I went in to see him and saw the look,I took his heart rate it was 120
40 is normal but he ws just standing there so I called the vet in his gut was twisted,so I know horses know Ill bet people do to xx
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 08:10 PM
the week befor my aunty passed away
we went to visit her ,she said the day befor she fell sleep ,when she woke ,her late husband ,was bending in front of her stretching his arms out to her .what do you think this means she said ,o he is just watching over you i said the week later she passed away they were very close no children just us ,when we cleared her house we found love letters from jack to her ,they were in there 80s ,she kept them all these years
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2