View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2006, 07:08 AM
Only the papers Dog World and sometimes Our Dogs, did look at some of the mags when they first came out and decided they were not worth the bother or the money but they may have changed.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2006, 04:18 PM
I used to read them regularly but stopped when I found them going up too high in price.

A lot of the articles I found were not of interest to me any more ie: dog fashion etc, so I gave up buying!

When I show I buy Our Dogs for the results and forthcoming shows, but you can get it on-line now too.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2006, 05:52 PM
i read dogs today, dogs monthly and your dog. you can get all 3 from wh smiths, some might not.
i have dogs today on subcription as its easier for me, but i still buy the other 2 anyway
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks everyone i'll keep an eye out
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Just caught this, I read Dogs Today and Your Dog,I don't reallty rate Your Dog and only buy it out of habit, it can be a bit lightweight and fluffy whereas I feel Dogs Today addresses more issues more thoroughly, just my opinion...
bit biased as i'm in the middle of submitting an article to them!!!!!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1
Just caught this, I read Dogs Today and Your Dog,I don't reallty rate Your Dog and only buy it out of habit, it can be a bit lightweight and fluffy whereas I feel Dogs Today addresses more issues more thoroughly, just my opinion...
bit biased as i'm in the middle of submitting an article to them!!!!!
Have to agree with that, which is why I choose to read dogs today regularly. However they do have some funny ideas sometimes. Having an article celebrating "hot crosses" was a bit much I thought and their article on the Fell Terrier was completely wrong! But hey we can't all be right all of the time!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-06-2006, 09:57 PM
The only one I read is Boxer Quarterly which is a yearly subscription and a good read for boxer lovers
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Hi Ripsnorter,
I agree, I didn't like the hot crosses article but don't know enough about fell terriers to comment! Generally though, I like the way they are willing to address current issues.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2