Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2005, 09:59 AM

Prize Draw

Hello,

A few month ago I entered into a prize draw run by a company selling disababled scooters, I though well I might as well try but though I wouldn't have a chance, (never win anything).

Today I have just received a phone call off them say that I have won a runner up prize of 35% off the price of a new scooter, so they are coming tomorrow afternoon with four models for me to try and then if I like any of them they will give me a quote.

However the problem is even with the discount how much are the scooters going to be?

Also tomorrow morning the local disabality firm that used to service my old scooter is bringing a second hand scooter for me to try in the morning, but he wants £500 and is only giving me 3 months warranty. But he is giving be £100 trade in on my old scooter, so do I forfeit the £100 and go for the new one, which in a way would be best (depending on price) or stick with my local bloke?

So I am in a bit of a pickle at the moment.

Ian
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Call me a cynic if you like ..but this *could* be a marketing ploy . Have they published the names of the actual winners anywhere?
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Hi Mel, I have to be honest and say I don't know, although this firm is supposedly having a draw every month, which to me is a bit dubious.

Ian
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 10:03 AM
ooh ian id be very careful about this you could be getting ripped of id check it out first do abit of digging around there is so many of these prizes going around and people like ourselfes getting ripped of
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2005, 10:07 AM
They say there is no obligation, so what I might do is tell both firms that I need a little time to think and then it will allow me to pick the bones. If you know what I mean.

Also at the moment I am having a cash flow problem until next weekend, and I don't realy want to go into HP or Loans etc. So I think I may have to stick with the local bloke, however I know he is a bit of a rip off merchant.

Ian
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 10:17 AM
I would deff see these people, but don't be pressured into buying anything.
Tell them you need to think things through.

Then work out which is going to be the best deal - either with the 35% off, or from the local bloke.
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Sometimes a better warrenty is worth paying a higher price. Just a thought.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2005, 11:16 AM
I think paying more for a new machine would be better than the second hand machine, it is just how much is it going to cost. I looked at the prices that motability are asking and :yikes: a three wheel basic is £1000! and the most expensive one was over £5500! So it just depends on price really.

Ian
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Would you qualify for a mobility car?

Graeme
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2005, 11:24 AM
Hi Graeme I do, however a I haven't passed my test, which can easily be done (i think) but really a car would not be helpful to me, it is more local (village) travelling I want to do with Blackie etc. so a scooter is an excellent choice, and if I wish they have enough range for me to go to the local city centre if I need anything. Also I have plenty of friends that would take me.

Ian
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >