Our sister sites
Our sister sites
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
oh dear..your attitude saddens me
respect??.. its a wild animal that we share the world with,we are not the only creatures on this planet!

get a grip!!.. yes kill all rather then share the world... hows about people shut their doors and properly dispose of their rubbish... if you dont like other living creatures leave them alone!

I am sorry but when did i say "KILL ALL" i think if you have a look i said cull. DO YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE????

humans answer to everything.. kill and desrtoy!!!

I think the answer is to manage the situation and live in a safe environment possible.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=Hali;1973777]I do agree that the problem is rubbish (and people feeding the foxes). If the foxes couldn't scavange so readily, there would no doubt be some urban foxes, but only enough for the 'natural' food supply. But if everything was cleaned up now (can't see that happening any time soon) - what would happen to all the existing foxes - there is no way they could all survive on the wildlife in the local parks.

Why is it ok to keep rats/mice numbers down by keeping a cat, but its not ok to control fox numbers by a humane cull? (if it was necessary, and I still don't know that it is at present)[/QUOTE

its just its the first thing that people think... if in doubt kill.if it needs to be done humanely is the way to go.

..but imo,1 attack doesnt warrant a death sentance for many.. .... scare mongering!!! even the news this avo was going down that route
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by borderladysue View Post
[/B]

I think the answer is to manage the situation and live in a safe environment possible.
shame we cant stop so many people reproducing too.

what do u mean safe enviroment?... i see foxes everyday...not been attacked yet, please put it into perspective!!
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I do agree that the problem is rubbish (and people feeding the foxes). If the foxes couldn't scavange so readily, there would no doubt be some urban foxes, but only enough for the 'natural' food supply. But if everything was cleaned up now (can't see that happening any time soon) - what would happen to all the existing foxes - there is no way they could all survive on the wildlife in the local parks.

Why is it ok to keep rats/mice numbers down by keeping a cat, but its not ok to control fox numbers by a humane cull? (if it was necessary, and I still don't know that it is at present)
Did the majority of people living in urban areas feel the need for a cull before this incident?. My geuss is that there would have been a public outcry against it.
We just need to apply rationality to this and not hysteria.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
Did the majority of people living in urban areas feel the need for a cull before this incident?. My geuss is that there would have been a public outcry against it.
We just need to apply rationality to this and not hysteria.
yip!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-06-2010, 02:24 PM
I see at least one fox every day, they look in pretty good condition so are clearly not starving, the biggest danger seems to be the car as their corpses are littered liberally along the roadsides. I've never felt the need to keep my doors closed and my cats do occasionally stay out all night have never come to any harm. As I said before I have witnessed my cats chasing the foxes off so they clearly don't feel threatened by them.
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
shame we cant stop so many people reproducing too.

what do u mean safe enviroment?... i see foxes everyday...not been attacked yet, please put it into perspective!!
i mean use our commonsence and take responsability for what is going on. i read this and thought it summed it up how i see it.

"Foxes are wild animals and should be treated with respect. This includes respecting their wildness and not encouraging them to lose their natural wariness of humans. It is very difficult to imagine why a fox would behave in this way, but over-familiarity with humans might be a partial explanation."

Lucky you i have lived in the countryside for 50 years and only seen 1-2, glad to hear you have not been attacked lets hope you never are.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-06-2010, 02:38 PM
I think some people just have no idea about urban foxes at all tbh
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I think some people just have no idea about urban foxes at all tbh
TRUE, and i think some people have no idea about country fox, which is were the urban fox originated from and is where its wild side comes from not the other way round.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by borderladysue View Post
i mean use our commonsence and take responsability for what is going on. i read this and thought it summed it up how i see it.

"Foxes are wild animals and should be treated with respect. This includes respecting their wildness and not encouraging them to lose their natural wariness of humans. It is very difficult to imagine why a fox would behave in this way, but over-familiarity with humans might be a partial explanation."

Lucky you i have lived in the countryside for 50 years and only seen 1-2, glad to hear you have not been attacked lets hope you never are.
i agree

.... no im not likely to be attacked by one,thanks
Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »