View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Shadow getting a kiss from Scouby-Lou ... we think these two like each other ...

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-05-2010, 09:30 PM
An update from Karen & Claire G – volunteers down at the kennels:

“Shadow had a lovely long weekend away from kennels and looked very well this morning. He had a lovely walk with ClaireG, but made sure we both had a share of his 'love!

Just love his boy”!

ClaireG: “I love this boy! He is just a gentle gentleman. Can't wait until I am the other end of his lead again”!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

05-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Shadow had time in the paddock today - letting his hair down and oh he knows how to have fun!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-05-2010, 08:26 AM
An update by ClaireG:

“What a lovely day we had yesterday! Shadow and I went for a walk in the woods, trying to choose shady paths as it was so hot!. After walking we went off to the fundraising stall that was being manned by Janet & co.

Shadow minding the stall -

There was also a fun dog show and obviously Shadow HAD to enter the 'Most Handsome Dog' class.

Shadow with the judge -

Shadow behaved perfectly (as always!) and came away with a wonderful rosette for 2nd place -

Shadow attracted a lot of attention and got lots of fuss, he is a heart melter without a doubt and a perfect ambassador for Rescue Remedies!
But it is exhausting being a celebrity!

The day was lots of fun and I think Shadow enjoyed the total change in routine ...... he even got to see baby Daisy ...

Thanks for a super day Shadow (and beyond a 'shadow' of doubt you should have come first!)”

Shadow is still looking for a foster or forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-06-2010, 04:15 PM
One of our volunteers gave Shadow a weekend break from kennel life. Here is their update:

“Lovely weekend with the gorgeous Shadow. Lots of time in the garden - "helping" with the gardening, playing fetch, having a snooze!

We had to kill an hour in Petersfield first thing Saturday morning and had forgotten that it was the food festival. Given that it was busy, quite warm and that there were a LOT of good smells around, Shadow behaved magnificently and was rewarded with lots of fuss and attention from festival goers and even a small ice cream!

He is such a fun dog and has so much love to give. Potential adopters please give this handsome chap a chance - you'll only have to walk him once to fall head over heals in love”!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-06-2010, 10:44 AM
An update by Gemma:

“Shadow had a great time out today with Cassie and Dior, he and Dior were flirting a lot the whole way round! I really do love this boy, he has such a sweet heart, he's so nice to walk and he really makes me smile. Shadow is great with other dogs too not to mention absolutely stunning! This lucky boy got to go out with Dior again when Liz, her partner and daughter took the two out, bless them

When I went to get my phone out the car Shadow jumped straight in, went and sat on the back seat as if to say ' I'm ready now, let's go please' it broke my heart getting him out and back in the kennel. Shadow's home please come forward, you wouldn't look back”!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

08-07-2010, 08:40 PM
An update by Karen, one of our volunteers:

"Really wanted to get some nice photos of our boy today, but made the silly mistake of leaving my camera in the car. When I opened it to get the camera out, guess what - our boy was happy to ensconce himself in the car!

After I turfed him out, he was a reluctant subject so this was the best I could do!

I always feel so sad - here is a wonderful, wonderful family dog - he really shouldn't be with us"!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-08-2010, 08:24 PM
An update on Shadow from Kate & Janet, two of our walking volunteers:

From Janet:

"Kate and I had a great day out and a lovely long walk with Shadow and Cassie (another RR rescue dog also looking for a home) at Alice Holt today. They get on really well together - just like very good friends. They travelled together in the car, walked together, licked each others' faces, sat together at the pub, shared treats, shared drinks and generally enjoyed each others' company - and we enjoyed their company very much.

Shadow, always the clown, sat under the bench and rubbed his head on the underside - when he emerged, his head was green Kate took lots of photos so I hope this one comes out"!

From Kate:

"Shadow was an absolute star today with his girls (that was Janet, Cassie and I!) . He travelled on the front seat of the car to Alice Holt and was very good. The only problem was that he couldn't quite lie down as the seat wasn't big enough so he kept leaving a paw dangling. When we got there he was just lovely. He walked on a loose lead all the way round and was so well behaved.

He tried influencing Janet to give him extra liver cake

And then decided that he really quite liked Cassie

He was exhausted by the time we finished and was quite happy to rest at the pub.

The he decided that he just had to find something that was under the pub bench and came out covered in green stuff! Hope you can see it in this photo.

Then he and Cass headed for home. A lovely day was had by all".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-08-2010, 07:30 AM
An update from one of our kennel walkers:

Shadow was very patient while I put his harness on today, then upside down for most of the field...

he still has sore paws so was reluctant to walk on gravel

lots of lovely cuddles tho'.

Shadow is currently in boarding kennels and would really benefit from some TLC in a foster home until his forever home comes along. If you are able to offer Shadow a break from kennel life, for however long, please complete our foster questionnaire on our website.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-09-2010, 06:50 PM
We had to move Shadow as his kennels were so busy with summer business. We moved him over to Gatwick and he has completely charmed everyone at his new kennels ... we didn't doubt he would!

No surprise to those who know him - such a special boy

His feet are still sore but happy to run on the grass.

Shadow, such a gentle soul.

Shadow would welcome some TLC in a foster home until his forever home comes along! Can you help him?
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >