View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-01-2010, 08:15 PM
I hate people not picking up their dog's poo either. There really is no need for it. My husband, to be fair, doesn't poo pick if his guide dog goes when he is out with one but then he can't tell light from dark by sight so he would be in a bit of trouble. However, if I am with him I *always* pick up.

We've been caught once or twice bagless, and the first time we used his cotton handkerchief and threw that away too and the second time (and I'm serious) I used his tie and threw it away. I'd rather sacrifice his (pure silk I might add) tie than leave a poo on the ground needlessly.

What really annoys me here though is the serious lack of bins around the parks and dog-walking places. I do think if they are going to tackle the poo-picking issues then providing enough bins is going to be a good start. We can walk for up to an hour without passing a bin here. I, personally, carry scented bags and am thinking of getting one of those poobag pot thingies made of neoprene (can't remember the name off the top of my head) to make carrying a poo nicer as I don't think lack of bin = reason to not pick up but some people might.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 08:24 PM
I think the overall sad thing about it was that even though they'd sprayed all the poo's pink I still walked past some pretty freshly laid ones so people obviously aren't taking notice.

With Monty he has this need to poo loads on a walk until the point nothing comes out but he just strains (he's been to the vet about this and had tests and no reason why he does it!) so i'm often trying to pick up effectively "nothing". I'll still go through the motion of picking it up though and today I ended up with a couple of bags of majority leaves that probably had a tiny bit of runny poo on them.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 08:47 PM
I just don't understand why people don't do it, it's not hard. It's not nice but it's not hard to do! I also don't get why so many of them get away with it? I have never seen anyone leave it and that's possibly a good thing as I would certainly speak out!

It's horrible here too, although not as noticeable as we're in the fields, but the park near us is really bad (the park where children play all the time!!)
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 08:57 PM
It's one of my biggest hates with other dog owners

We regulary have a dog poop outside our house on the grass verge and it's never cleaned up I have yet to catch the owner and provide them with a poop bag

They did spray the poop pink up by the primary school a few years back and there was loads of it (I did post on here about it)News letters came home because of course been pink the kids were attracted to it

It's the same down by our local lake and on the footie pitch where the kids do the training each week
O/H has had dogs lift there legs up his belongs when fishing and he has seen people drive onto the car park open the door let the dogs loose and the owner sits and waits in the car,the dog warden would have a field day down there but I have yet to see one in our area

It's down right irresponsible in my opinion
nadine201
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Yeh, one of my pet hates too.
I always pick up, even when walking home from the school run & I am chatting with the mums, I just say 'oh, hang on a minute, or walk on if you want, just need to pick up'
The other day someone said ' ooh you are good, picking up all the time' I just replied 'er, no, thats what you're supposed to do'
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
It's one of my biggest hates with other dog owners

We regulary have a dog poop outside our house on the grass verge and it's never cleaned up I have yet to catch the owner and provide them with a poop bag

They did spray the poop pink up by the primary school a few years back and there was loads of it (I did post on here about it)News letters came home because of course been pink the kids were attracted to it

It's the same down by our local lake and on the footie pitch where the kids do the training each week
O/H has had dogs lift there legs up his belongs when fishing and he has seen people drive onto the car park open the door let the dogs loose and the owner sits and waits in the car,the dog warden would have a field day down there but I have yet to see one in our area

It's down right irresponsible in my opinion
That's a pretty good point about kids being attracted to it because it's pink. I never thought about it like that.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 11:34 PM
that sounds horrible.

we are quite lucky around here, my park is quite quiet... well, quiet compared to others around here, so there isnt loads. just the odd one dotted around. our biggest problem though, is that we used to have loads of poo bins... now we have 2 at opposite ends of the park. so it can be a bit of a walk to the bin, so people have started bagging it, and then dumping it in a pile at the posts where the other bins used to be...
LittleMonster
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Lots around here don't bother pick up.

I have to admit if it's right in the hedge where nobody will walk I really don't mind, I also haven't minded when I've seen 1 or 2 elderly people who would've been unable to bend and pick it up. In the woods I walk though it's stick and flick? Or whatever, and people won't take 30 seconds to get it off the path!

I must admit I once had run out of poo bags on a beach, nipped to car to get 1 and couldn't fidn the poo when I returned, did look for it for quite a while but no trace, god only knows where it went!

When late night walking in summer I found out though where a lot of the old poo goes too - when I saw the snails and slugs on it eating it. Gross, yet effective.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2