Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Pick up your Litter

173 dogs killed per week in the UK

And I think a photo of some cute puppies in a shelter worker's arms .
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Pick up your Litter

Nice one MissE. I think that is a great slogan cos it uses an idea already out there (the litter thing) and reuses it in a different form. I'm rubbish at coming up with these kind of slogans. I'd never have made a career in advertising.

ETA: If anyone has any cute puppies and a kennel-type place where we could take pictures I could do the pics and would be happy to
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Pick up your Litter

ooh, I like that.

As an alternative, how about

"Don't Litter - There are too many unwanted dogs as it is"
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 08:51 PM
These are all great!

I must admit, I like the Dog's Trust current one for puppy farming campaign - Stop Puppy (F)(H)arming. I have it on the back of my car and have had lots of people ask what it means and when I explain they weren't even aware puppy farms existed!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
These are all great!

I must admit, I like the Dog's Trust current one for puppy farming campaign - Stop Puppy (F)(H)arming. I have it on the back of my car and have had lots of people ask what it means and when I explain they weren't even aware puppy farms existed!!
i didn't even realise the Dogs Trust had a current one going. i might well get one of the car stickers for my car.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
i didn't even realise the Dogs Trust had a current one going. i might well get one of the car stickers for my car.
Why 'blush'? I'm not sure it's that well advertised. I only know about it from hearing so much on here from that poster who rescued ex breeders (Julia?). I was so shocked I did some more research and came across their campaign. It's a great slogan and with a monthly donation I feel like I'm doing a very small bit to help raise awareness (which I think is the best way to stop this terrible thing).

Their new one is ''stop battery farming dogs'' with a picture of puppies in an egg carton! Very clever.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Aligord View Post
Nice one MissE. I think that is a great slogan cos it uses an idea already out there (the litter thing) and reuses it in a different form. I'm rubbish at coming up with these kind of slogans. I'd never have made a career in advertising.
That's what I was going to say I've been thinking all evening (Including in the bath where I normally have my best ideas ) but nothing I came up with some long sentances but as Aligord has said the best slogans are short and sharp.

I also would never have made a career in advertising (even 'tho I was thinking about it at school), the Saatchi brothers never missed anything with me
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
These are all great!

I'll see if I can get one as well and put it on the dogmobile, thanks for mentioning that Pidgy.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2010, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
ooh, I like that.

As an alternative, how about

"Don't Litter - There are too many unwanted dogs as it is"
The trouble with the second part of your alternative is its too non committal. Too many unwanted, someone will justify their litter by saying its wanted. Which it will be initially.
Putting a number to how many are killed weekly -or daily - is a little more "punchy".
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >