DON'T BREED YOUR PET
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post

DON'T ADD TO THE PROBLEM
DON'T BREED YOUR PET
Really like that one. In fact, I like them all so far.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Like all three so far. I will get my thinking cap on.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Fiona, great idea and I like all the ones above, especially the puppy in the cage. I will see if I can come up with something tonight while having my bath (Where all my best ideas originate )

However, I must admit that for slogans like this, we need the help and active support of one section of the community who I normally can't stand, I'm refering of course to the media, it sticks in my throat to admit it but they have such a powerful grip over the general (uneducated) public that any slogan that is created, no matter how true and worthwhile, will not 'take off' unless the media people pick up on it.

Maybe after we've found a good slogan we should all e-mail Carol Vorderman, she's a dog lover, she was pictured in the Newfie Club mag last year with a lovely landseer Newfie ('tho I don't think she owned it)
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Fiona, great idea and I like all the ones above, especially the puppy in the cage. I will see if I can come up with something tonight while having my bath (Where all my best ideas originate )

However, I must admit that for slogans like this, we need the help and active support of one section of the community who I normally can't stand, I'm refering of course to the media, it sticks in my throat to admit it but they have such a powerful grip over the general (uneducated) public that any slogan that is created, no matter how true and worthwhile, will not 'take off' unless the media people pick up on it.

Maybe after we've found a good slogan we should all e-mail Carol Vorderman, she's a dog lover, she was pictured in the Newfie Club mag last year with a lovely landseer Newfie ('tho I don't think she owned it)
Yes, it would be great to get support and get the slogan 'out there'. I'm not sure where the Christmas one originally came from - was it the RSPCA? Really to get anywhere, it would need the backing of one of the main rescue organisations who could promote/advertise using it.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 05:46 PM
i posted something last week about the pdsa? or dogs trust trying to bring awareness to puppy farming http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=119338
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

31-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Fiona, great idea and I like all the ones above, especially the puppy in the cage.
my emphasis

She was designated as 'B5' but someone called her Angel because she was one.

Run free, Angel.

The British are a nation of animal lovers
Home Office Citizenship Test.
http://www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk/
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Yes, it would be great to get support and get the slogan 'out there'. I'm not sure where the Christmas one originally came from - was it the RSPCA? Really to get anywhere, it would need the backing of one of the main rescue organisations who could promote/advertise using it.
I don't remember either, maybe it was the RSPCA, I seem to recall there were a lot of back window stickers on cars one year, that was when it really took off I think.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
how about a pic of loads of kids in a cage/pound
and the slogan
'Blame The Breeder'
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post

DON'T ADD TO THE PROBLEM
DON'T BREED YOUR PET

Brilliant ideas all of them.
Losos especially like your idea, it's always good to have a celeb on boarrd
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 05:54 PM
HOW ABOUT
Would you give up your kids? No, well dont give up on your dog.

Thats the nicest way I can put it
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >