View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2010, 12:25 PM
all of the above and people that stuff their dogs until they are like house sides, don't they know they're killing them with kindness
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2010, 12:46 PM
i hate seeing dogs not restricted in any way in a car...people care about their children (normally) enough to strap them in, what about their dogs? i don't care if people use a crate, harness or dog guard...just something to keep their dog alive!
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post

Flexi-leads Flipping things should be banned

:
Why do you say that?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Oo err...how did I miss this??

Let's see...*sticks flame suit on*

People walking dog aggressive dogs through off lead areas at peak walking times. I hate having to wait around, get my dogs back on lead, change directions, because of some aggressive dog. Your dog has the problem, not mine, so don't expect me to stay of YOUR way. YOU avoid me, not the other way around.

People that are too stupid to realize that their dog is pestering others. I'm not walking back to you because you cannot be bothered to come and remove your dog. I've had to put my dogs back on lead, only to have the offending dog mounting mine and sticking it's head my dogs butt as we walk, while the owner is at the top of the field shouting "MAXAMILION, COME DARLING!", knowing full well that the dog WON'T come. Your dog isn't coming, fool, so come and bloody get it!!

People with dog aggressive dogs that are off lead but muzzled. Uhh, Sherlock, your dog can still go for mine with the muzzle on...he just can't bite. Put it on a lead!

People with dogs off lead along pavements. You are not clever, you are not cool, and your dogs are not well trained; use a lead!

People who insist on allowing their dogs run up to mine when we are walking along a pavement. If I am trying to walk them in a controlled manner (really not easy with a dog like Bo who pulls at the best of times) I really don't appreciate your dog bombing up to us, getting my leads tangled up, getting my dogs hyped up, etc. There is a time and place for off lead and a pavement is not it.

People who know full well that their dogs are having a dump while walking off and pretending they don't see. And people who don't clear up generally. People like YOU are the reason dogs get banned from public places and responsible owners have to suffer for it.

People who assume that because you have more than one dog, your dogs MUST be responsible for any dog poo that is left lying around.

People that let their dogs jump straight of the car in a car park, off lead. I can't see your dog if it is behind my car and I am reversing, duh!

People that make a big drama over normal dog behaviour. Dogs play, dogs scrap occasionally, dogs hump occasionally, dogs growl occasionally; get over it!

People that keep their dog on a lead for life because they can't be bothered to train it to recall.

People who have long haired dogs and shave them. Clipped is fine IMO, but SHAVED? why get a long haired dog if you are going to shave it every 6 months?

People who use training collars or training aids incorrectly. By all means use one, but educate yourself on how to use it properly first...otherwise you'll probably make your dogs problem/s WORSE, not better.

People who get all stressy because their dog put one foot out of line. Lighten up!
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2010, 01:44 PM
LOL - most of the above - However i have also been guilty of some of them - as have a few folks prob.

Just today i was walking and doing a bit training with Monty - and off he flew at a hundred miles an hour Normally he can be stopped - but he went tear-a*sing after a dog that was at the other end of the playing field. Now i was in the wrong - i admit that (more re-training) - however what i didn't appreciate was the person who went to kick my dog whilst theres was attempting to say hi. I apologised as my dog was in the wrong but also put my point across that if they had kicked my boy - there would have been hell to pay .

I have also previously trained on a pinch but have been taught how to use it correctly.

I don't like bitches who are allowed to loose run when in season - i was combing monty (on lead) when a big fat dalmation came hurtling towards us - i shouted STOP just as the woman came round the corner with a kid. They started chasing her so she kept running - she shouted, she doesn't normally do that - she's just breaking down!!!!!!!! I'd never heard a season called that before????

Don't like folks who don't clean up after their dog.

Generally just don't like people, lol
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
Why do you say that?
Because you can`t control a dog proerly with one
Because people use them instead of training recall
Because I`ve seen dogs nearly get killed in traffic with them
Because I`ve seen dogs nearly break their necks hitting the end at speed
Because a dog can`t run , jump, swim and explore with them
Because I`ve the scars of rope burns on my legs
Because I have to untangle my own dogs from the flipping things when small dogs `say hello`
because they`re dangerous - the brake fails or the line snaps
Because I`ve seen the terror in a small dog`s eyes as the dim owner drops the clunky handle and the dog bolts with the clunky thing `chasing` it
......breathe now
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
people who let their small dogs charge about the field attacking bigger dogs and terrorising everything because "it's okay he's only small"

People who cant understand that the reason I have brought my dog aggressive dog on lead and muzzled on to this field was to get her used to other dogs, not to give their dog carte blanche to attack her or bounce all over her while she cant defend herself.

People who say 'let her bite him, he has to learn' while I am clearly holding my poor husky away from their over enthusiastic chihuahua for fear of the little thing learning its lesson in a very final way.

People who feed my dog on a walk without asking, not even considering that she may have dietary restrictions.

and this one was recent...

People who disapprove of my choice to have dogs in my life and take every opportunity to try to tell me how much of a financial burden/responsibility/tie to the country/terrible sad loss when they die etc that they are
so true they do my head in
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-01-2010, 03:15 PM
People in all walks of life who moan for nothing when young kids are dying in war-zones worldwide from every country.
People who always TAKE and NEVER give
People who never acknowledge who made them who or what they are....
People who are so self indulgent and full of hypocricy
People who say they like dogs then lock them away
People who give false impressions.....

Generally I just dont like some people !
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Agree with most comments on here!

I really don't think aggressive dogs should be allowed offlead in a busy off-lead dog walking area!! My sis AND her lab were both injured with this happening!

People asking me over christmas is Monty a christmas present! (he is only 15weeks)

Not picking up poo!!

In season bitches being allowed off-lead, met one just this Saturday and even Monty was sniffing her more at his age! - I know this must be difficult!

I could probably think of some more.......
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2010, 04:27 PM
ok here i go, be prepared for a good rant

first of all i hate people who dont pick up after their dogs, they would complain if they stepped in someone elses so they should pick up their own!

i hate people who buy dogs and then ship them out because theyre bored, or have a pathetic reason too.

i hate people who buy dogs to look good, the dog suffers and the people dont really look good either, if you want to look good, buy the latest pair of trainers not a dog.

hate people who generalise or judge because your dog is not theirs, i get so annoyed when people say my dog is ugly, or it looks like a rat (im steeling myself up because i know the insults will increase tenfold when i have a hairless)

i hate people who say all pedigree dogs are mutants. my dog is not a mutant, do not insult her, i dont call your kids ugly!!!

i also hate people who dont control their dogs when they are out. i dont mind dogs being offlead around mine, just make sure it comes back when you bloody shout it!

rant over.... for now
Page 6 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »