View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 10:41 PM
what are european hairless? hairless imported from europe?

Hairless are not allowed at UK NFRS shows, because of the related health issues. they have been bred very unscrupulously in the past sadly I do have one myself, a rescue girl called Pauline ;D

I would say girls are easier to train as they are more active, but as i say - it totally varies depending on individual.

I've never even noticed bullying with my lads. they all get on great guns - as do my girls

xx
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Zoundz View Post
rats must be kept in pars legally. but of course ONLY same sex pairs. breeding is best left to the experienced.

I would also strongly advise you go to a responsible breeder or a rescue Petshop rats come from the most horrendous backgrounds, which it would be wrong to encourage - and also often come pregnant, terrified, injured or ill.

xx
Originally Posted by Zoundz View Post
what are european hairless? hairless imported from europe?

Hairless are not allowed at UK NFRS shows, because of the related health issues. they have been bred very unscrupulously in the past sadly I do have one myself, a rescue girl called Pauline ;D

I would say girls are easier to train as they are more active, but as i say - it totally varies depending on individual.

I've never even noticed bullying with my lads. they all get on great guns - as do my girls

xx
Yes Hairless from Europe

I know about their restrictions which is just as well really, but they are lovely, like little pigs with curly whiskers
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 10:48 PM
hehe yes! here's my girl pauliny!

http://www.irishrats.co.uk/LoGrats.htm (second one down!)

xx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Awww she's lovely. Thanks for indulging me guys... I'm off to bed now to dream of my perfect house with my dogs, cats, rats and chickens...

Night all!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 11:10 PM
I like Cletus and Dawn!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 01:13 AM
Oh wow they are all lovely, but Pauline is a beaut
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 07:28 AM
If you were my daughter, I'd make you stand in the corner untill you see things my way

I'm with your mum on this one Lottie, no way, not ever, not in a million years

Sorry kiddo, I just don't like them and wouldn't have one in the house

Christine
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Ok Christine,

BUT... lets look at it this way

I'm 19 and live with my mum (43) and sister (17).

My mum and I share the household chores. I have offered to pay board which she doesn't want but I pay for my dogs (obviously) and her cats.
We have an understanding which is, we're both adults so we both keep up the house, she generally cooks (in the interest of others - I stay away from that side of things) and we share everything else.

Now, considering that I have my own room which she rarely comes into, I've always been responsible for any pets we've had (rabbits, cats and the dogs) and I am supposed to be an adult living with another adult, share decisions and share responsibilities - why should she really be able to say I can't have two small animals living in my room (kept clean, healthy and fed) and rarely seen by her, never by guests?

I hope that doesn't seem disrespectful, it just sometimes seems that I'm only an adult when it suits her
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-01-2008, 12:39 PM
my daughter had a rat he was lovley didnt stink he lived on his own and was very happy. she used to sit on the front doorstep with him on her shoulder. she used to go across the road to her friends who had 2 and they all used to play nicely together would rather have a rat than a hamster (have had both)
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 01:01 PM
I know where you're coming from Lottie, but for me it's just rats, Chris has a Gerbil and I'm fine with that, have you tried asking your mum what about rats she objects to, then if she's anything like me, try and find someone who has them so she can see what they're like first hand and then that may just change her mind
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >