Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2008, 12:39 PM

quite surprised

I changed from petplan to m & S Insurance 2 years ago, I just got my renewals through and they have hardly gone up, even though I did make a claim on one of my dogs, I did question one of the dogs renewal rate as I have a boy and girl litter mates and one was higher than the other I asked could they explaine the difference, they couldnt and so reduced the higher rated one to the same as the lower rated one. the big shock was I wanted a quote for our most recent addition it was nearly 3 times the figure I am already paying aparently when querying this they told me the reason is the new pricing structure on new business, so I have now got to look around to insure just one dog which is a bit of a bummer I wanted them all with the same company.

MO
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Same here! There was a very large increase on M & S insurance, so I had to go elsewhere
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2008, 05:56 AM
You were lucky to get such a good renewal, Mo. Mine was through the roof, and we'd not made any claims. I changed to Tesco.......
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-05-2008, 10:47 AM
when I got my renewal through from M&S this time it had gone up 50% and the year before it had done the same, so it had doubled in 2 years. Have got the same cover with Argos now (£7k worth of vet cover and unlimited for life of condition) for just under £15 a month each.l
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2008, 10:49 AM
I've been with M & S for 3 years now, and although the premium doubled after the first year, my latest renewal has stayed the same and yet I've made a lot of claims last year for both dogs, and that quite surprised me with M & S, so I'm staying put. I pay £245 for one dog, £7K vets for a year which isn't bad considering he's 8 now.