Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 04:13 PM

Wanadoo Broadband

After all the problems we are having installing this stupid broadband with wanadoo does anyone know if there is a cooling off period so that we can cancel the contract with them and go somewhere else that will actually come to the house and set everything up for us? We have officially had broadband since Saturday afternoon and I am fed up to the back teeth of it now

I have just phoned their support and was answered by a foreign lady (no idea what nationality) and I am hopeless with accents She asked for my username and I told her and she asked my name and then queried why it was different from the username (which is in my o/hs name because when we took the freeserve dial up contract out they didn't do direct debit and I didn't have one of the credit cards that they accepted - although they do direct debit now) and she went away to see if it was ok to tell me anything even though I assured her it was my computer, at my address

She then said she would sort the problem out. I told her about the message that said access was denied and she asked me to put the filter on the phone. Well if I had done that it would have disconnected us She said she would tell me how to uninstall the disc (which I have already done about 10 times and reinstall it which I have also done about 10 times

I have got to get o/h to connect it all up with filter and everything and phone back later but I really don't feel they will be much help if they can only teach me to install and uninstall the bloomin CD
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 04:42 PM
sorry to hear that Foxy but i used to know a girl on the computer hotline she didnīt know how to switch it on hope you get the right person later when you phone they can do a lot from there end if they know how sad today but i think itīs the same problem every where you are lucky when you get a good aftersales service go to Bt might be better of.

Fred
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 06:12 PM
When you enter into a contract,there is a mandatory 14 day cooling off period by law.If their customer services are useless-best you take advantage of it!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2005, 06:32 PM
WANADOOS TERMINATION CONDITIONS

16. Term and termination
16.1 This Agreement may be terminated at any time prior to the Start Date. After the Start Date the cancellation provisions of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (the "Distance Selling Regulations") will not apply to the Service:
16.2 This Agreement may be terminated:
16.2.1 by either of us on 30 days' notice, unless we terminate pursuant to Clauses 2.7 and 2.8 without notice;
16.2.2 by you giving 7 days' notice if we inform you of a material change to the Service or we give notice of an amendment to this Agreement pursuant to Clause 18 where such changes are to your detriment;

If you give notice of termination of this Agreement, or we terminate pursuant to Clause 6.2, during the Minimum Period and the Service is available for you to use, you must pay all Charges payable during the Minimum Period.

16.3 Either party may terminate this Agreement immediately, on notice if the other: (a) commits a material breach of this Agreement, which is capable of remedy, and fails to remedy the breach within a reasonable time of a written notice to do so; or (b) commits a material breach of this Agreement which cannot be remedied; or (c) is the subject of a bankruptcy order, or becomes insolvent, or makes any arrangement or composition with or assignment for the benefit of their creditors, or goes into voluntary (otherwise than for reconstruction or amalgamation), or compulsory liquidation or a receiver or administrator is appointed over their assets.
16.4 Wanadoo shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement in the event that: (a) the contract between Wanadoo and BT enabling Wanadoo to provide the Service is terminated; (b) the service provided to Wanadoo by BT is not of the quality deemed by Wanadoo to be appropriate to provide the Services; or (c) you no longer have a valid contract for the use of a BT analogue direct exchange line as referred to in Clause 4.5(a).
16.5 If any of the events detailed in Clause 16.3 occur as a result of your default, Wanadoo may suspend the Service without prejudice to its right to terminate this Agreement. Where the Service is suspended under this Clause 16.5 you must pay all the Charges due in respect of the Service until this Agreement is terminated and all Charges to the end of the Minimum Period.
16.6 In the event that Wanadoo agrees to you terminating this Agreement before the expiry of the Minimum Period, you must pay all the Charges due up to and including the date of expiry of the Minimum Period.
16.7 Termination in accordance with this Clause 16 shall not prejudice or affect any right of action or remedy which shall have accrued or shall thereafter accrue to either party and all provisions which are expressed to survive this Agreement or impliedly do so shall remain in full force and effect.