Male 

30-03-2007, 09:08 AM
For £2.99 you can get it for adults as well
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks for that,

so wouldnt you add anything else at all apart from this?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't add anyhthing at all, I certainly wouldn't add anything made by Iams/Eukanuba. Just add warm water to the complete, that usually releases enough 'juices' if you really feel your dog wont eat it.
Becky
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks,

I think im just gonna have to be a bit tougher! Im far too soft
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2007, 04:27 PM
I feed Asti JWB, I give it on it's own for the morning meal, but for her evening meal I don't give so much JWB as I add a bit of fruit as in apple and banana, and boiled chicken, plus cooked veg, or instead of chicken sometimes I add canned fish instead.

I always soak the JWB in a little warm water for about 10 minutes.
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2007, 08:19 PM
I used to feed kibble years ago, and I too thought I would add something 'interesting' to it like canned fish, cheese, chicken etc. Then the troubles began because after a while they wouldn't touch it unless I added something and they became very fussy and, for me, annoying.
Not saying yours will end up fussy eaters, but they could if they are that way inclined.

Don't feed kibble now so don't have that problem anymore
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 08:55 PM
At the end of the day you have to do what is best for your dog. If he is already eating kibble without you adding anything then don't........after all , if it ain't broke...!
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2007, 09:07 PM
In all honesty thats why I was adding, just 1 sardine or a little tuna chicken etc so its not like its loads, and a bit boiling water and he was wolfing it down with nothing left at all, he does very well from his food and keeps weight well so was giving a little less that the packet said, his coat has improved and poo's are very solid all the time which they never were 100% on a tinned food. I feel he is doing well just wanted some opinions. Hopefully will be able to phase out the 'extras' one he is over the trauma of not getting his meat anymore, and if not well he is doing well anyway.

Thanks all again
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2007, 12:37 AM
If I were you I'd add whatever you feel necessary. Although "complete" foods are meant to be just that, how often do you eat your exact recommended daily amounts each day????

I'd look at it more from the point of view that you're looking to feed a complete diet over several weeks.

Try Nature Diet (can be found in most Pets At Home stores):

http://www.naturediet.net/index.html

Or Natures Menu (again at PAH):

http://www.naturesmenu.co.uk/

If you want to add Gravy I'd just go for normal Gravy Granules which have less Salt, I believe Bisto do a reduced salt range.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Theres nothing wrong with adding a little something to a complete...fish,mince,chicken,stock,etc etc
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >