Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 12:51 PM

Advantage flea treatment!

I had to get Advantage for my lot (cats and dogs) as they had the dreaded visitors!!! We werre up to date with frontline, but as the vet said, it is not working anymore! The fleas seem to have become immune!

My query is as to whether you can bath them after 2 days like you can with Frontline! I have read and re-read the literature and cant see anything about it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 12:55 PM
I use Advantage too as my vet said the same thing about Frontline and I didn't like it anyway! I'm sure it says you can bath them though as I remember reading it on the leaflet - somewhere? I will check up on my box for you later ok (don't hold your breath though coz I'm on here!!!!! )
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Thank you!!

I could well be going blind!
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-09-2006, 10:48 PM
The product remains effective if the animal becomes wet, for example after exposure to heavy rain or after swimming (dogs). However, re-treatment may become necessary, depending on the presence of fleas in the environment. In these cases do not treat more frequently than once weekly.
Also, if bathing uses shampoos etc, the effectiveness could be reduced (this would be the same for Frontline).
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Miss Potter View Post
Thank you!!

I could well be going blind!
Don't worry Miss P, coz I've gone senile, as I completely forgot to look on the packet for you!!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 12:42 PM
So I wonder if its the same for Stronghold then - wonder if that stops working on Benjis little mites after being used for about 12 weeks at two weekly intervals
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Does advantage work? We have recently noticed a little situation going on here with the blighters and ours are all frontlined up to date, will cost a small fortune to do them all with something else, blimmin fleas.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Advantage is also very good and quite new on the market and was last recommended to me by my vet. It's quite expensive, but it also kills mites which I like coz Frontline and the others don't.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks Helena, might give it a go then, Frontline obviously isn't doing as it should *scratches arm*
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 01:52 PM
I had to bathe 2 of the dogs. Poor old Potter is having a problem with urinary incontinence (has had her Propalin doubled) and Buggles just stank

I did wait 4 days after the Advantage so will let you know if the effect totally wears off after bathing!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >