View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SuzanneGSD
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2006, 12:43 PM

Addison dog cured ater 8 years!??!?!?!?!?

Esp for Dippy leo - there is hope!!!!

Well Halle wa diagnosed 8 years ago and was very poorly. He was found to have addisons and hit crisis point many a time!! Anyway after a few years of many ups and downs(more downs!!) we decided to try homeopathy! he was on cortisone and acth as well a tincture. plus florinef and preds. 2 years ago after routine bloods his liver enzymes were sky high and he was referred to Liverpool Uni SAH. after afew weeks he was weaned off preds and his liver function returned slowly but surely and his results normal. Anyway recent test showed that his liver enzyme was slightly elevated, nothing major, but the acth test showed his base line was in normal range, higher than that of a dog with addisons, so a low dex test was done (8 hrs one 3 lots of bloods) and results NORMAL! baseline high for dog with addisons BUT in normal range?!?!? Thevet has spoken to the lab re both results and basically he is a normal dog with neither addisons OR cushings!!!

So my vets are now compiliing a study on him and going back to teh first results 8 yrs agoand analysing them and finding out why after 8 years hes cured himself!?! Apparantly this is almost unheard of!!

i am convinced the homeopathc drugs, whichbasically help get the adrenal gland to produce something have helped return him to normal.

We are now in the process of weaning him off the florinef and then teh homeoapthic drugs and wil montor him daily and he will have regular bloods!!!

We'll never knwo why this has happened but it gives hope!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Glad to hear he is on the mend.
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-06-2006, 05:09 PM
This is Fantastic news!

Wahey to go Halle!! :smt041 :smt026

I've pm'd you
SuzanneGSD
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2006, 05:12 PM
well hes not wellbut not really ill - if that makes sense!!!
at the mo we are working on the basis that it maybe cos hes getting drugs that he dosnt need.

Cant beleive they gonna do case study on him!! it mayhelp other dogs like yours DL!!

ID def recommend the homeopathy - im saying it was DEF that , but something has worked?! and at the end of the day it certainly didnt hurt him!!!

they keeping close eye on him to acess what happens next! and how he copes!!

no one can still beleive it!!
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Halle's nothing short of a little miracle!
SuzanneGSD
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2006, 05:31 PM
bloody vets dream id say!!!!!! bet my vet was waiting for a dog like him to boost him into spot liht - god knows whos gonna see this report but i bet lots of people want to knwo about him ... oh and there will be the cynics waiting too... who cares how and why .. it happened!!!

not out of t woods yet, who knows whats around teh corner eh!!

i am very grateful that i have vets that can see out of their text books and accept that SOME dogs are not text book in the slightest and still either work with or help animals!!

Remember once at liverpool - orthopd looking at my gsd Mollie said to his students " now then shut your text books, forget your text books - LOOK at the dog and LISTEN to the owner and work from there!!!""

mollie had complete slipped disc and coudl still run and jump - no one knew how she could do that either LOL!