Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2006, 11:20 PM
AND.........................THERE'S STILL MORE

Faraday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Wow, and I used to think my (late) GSD was bad!

Beautiful dog, but not sure I'd have the patience for all that grooming.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-05-2006, 04:19 PM
have you ever brushed a GSD
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
Was thinking just the same thing

I brush Micha every other day and usually fill a carrier bag. And don't get me started on the floor (Hence we've switched to laminate)

Louise, I bet Seiko will feel a lot better now that you've groomed her well done for doing a great job (Just think of how strong your arms are going to be in a few months from all that brushing - who needs a gym? )
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2006, 07:15 PM
OMG! That is unbelievable!!!! I couldn't cope with that!!
willow_pheonix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-05-2006, 08:29 AM

have you tried saving it up and selling it on e-bay as luxury designer wool someone would buy it, i'm glad i have staffies now lol
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
Louise, I bet Seiko will feel a lot better now that you've groomed her well done for doing a great job (Just think of how strong your arms are going to be in a few months from all that brushing - who needs a gym? )

He gets brushed daily for about 20 minutes then for an hour on a Sunday..
But when his coat drops its a different story...more like an hour a day and 20 minutes on a Sunday Thankfully its only once a year though.. Usually daily he can fill a carrier bag.. Coat dropped its more like a Black Bin bag!

BUT I love him to bits and wouldn't change him for the world

I used to have a long coated GSD.. She was a babe.. had her for 14 years.. can't say I ever brushed that much out of her in one go though..
beanieman
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13
How old is she?? I think you would know by now if you weren't doing it right as her coat would be tangled..You should be able to put your fingers into her coat and feel flesh not have to dig for flesh (hope that makes sense)

Seiko loses hair every day but when the warmer weather comes in, he loses more over a few days.. and it comes out by the bucket load.. like that..

When he starts to lose it, the tips of his ears tuft and the tops of his legs..but not his actual coat.. Usually once we notice it's going he gets brushed each night for about 45 minutes over 3 nights then he gets a bath.. but it came out easily this time so we bathed him last night..So now that the bath has loosened more hair we will brush him again tonight..

I will take another pic of what comes out tonight

keesha is 8 and a half, she is not matted at all, i gave her another brush today but not even a brush full came off her, she has been speyed recentley and was told it maybe the hormone changes so will wait and see, thanks for the reply
beanieman
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Fred

i have been looking after a gsd for the last couple of day i gave him a bath last night and a good brush, and this morning i got up and OMG, looked like we had a new carpet, the amount of hair we got off him was incredible
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2006, 08:25 AM
Mine has just dropped her coat,we filled endless Asda carrier bags with the stuff,people joked about making a furry coat out of it all lol,still moulting a little now but not as much as the last 4 weeks.

You can see where the coat has dropped,its not as thick as her winter coat..she's a lot cooler now.

People cant come round to ours wearing black or they get covered in white/grey hairs lol
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >