Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 08:05 PM

One of those days.

More Doberman troubles today.

It was my second to last walk of the day and the dobe got a tennis ball. He then completely refused to recall and when I went to get him decided to play 'stay away' combined with eating the tennis ball. To make matters worse, a dog decided to approach him and try to nick his tennis ball and he nearly bit it's head off.

Finally, after the last mouth of tennis ball had been swallowed he decides he is now happy to return to me and have his lead put on.

I was running late for my final dog by then and had to ring his owner and let her know he had eaten a tennis ball and to keep a close eye on him and ensure it comes out the other end.

Long line for future walks methinks.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Oh dear. Hope tomorrow goes better for you
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Maisiesmum View Post
More Doberman troubles today.

It was my second to last walk of the day and the dobe got a tennis ball. He then completely refused to recall and when I went to get him decided to play 'stay away' combined with eating the tennis ball. To make matters worse, a dog decided to approach him and try to nick his tennis ball and he nearly bit it's head off.

Finally, after the last mouth of tennis ball had been swallowed he decides he is now happy to return to me and have his lead put on.

I was running late for my final dog by then and had to ring his owner and let her know he had eaten a tennis ball and to keep a close eye on him and ensure it comes out the other end.

Long line for future walks methinks.
Just disturbed a very sleepy dog by jumping up and laughing very loudly at this! Maddie is not impressed!
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
Oh dear. Hope tomorrow goes better for you
Thanks, me too. You can go off dobies!

Originally Posted by CharleyMaddison View Post
Just disturbed a very sleepy dog by jumping up and laughing very loudly at this! Maddie is not impressed!
Sorry Maddie. the owner laughed too and admitted it wasn't the first time he had done this.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Maisiesmum View Post
Thanks, me too. You can go off dobies!

Sorry Maddie. the owner laughed too and admitted it wasn't the first time he had done this.
I know we have 2 chocolates that come to work. Im all over them at first after a few days i try avoiding them they can be a bit bonkers
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Doberman's and balls don't go very well Ours had swallowed a rubber bouncy ball - I came home from school one day and the dog was all bandaged up from an op to get it removed