Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
I wouldn't have been as reserved as you! If someone started that I think I'd probably tell them I'd rather have cholera, and heaven help them if they started on the "you're letting your puppy down" schpeile on me!
..me too Emma

With the CM tour due next year I have no doubt the publicity machine will have swung into action and 'scouts' will have been located and sent out to recruit people to be in the shows.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 11:01 AM
I do wish he would come up here I would offer to be on his show & borrow my friends VPG dog to see how "good"he really is
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Dobionekenobi View Post
He didn't take it very well so we made our excuses and left.
Well done you for not falling for the 'I want to be on TV' sales pitch, and for leaving, had it been me I probably would have smashed him in the face

What is it about these media types that they think everyone will just collapse in their arms and do whatever they want

CM is a nasty piece of work who'se only interest is fame and fortune via the media, how anyone can believe 'he does a lot of good' is beyond me.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 11:57 AM
The pub seems a strange place to try to recruit people with dogs to be on a 'dog behaviour' type show.

I doubt many people would take dogs that were aggressive or had serious behaviour problems to the pub with them.
Dobionekenobi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Losos, do you know, i think that's what annoys me so much about all of Milan's style. It's that those people who don't know better are sucked in and think it's what they should be doing too.
I have to admit i nearly choked with laughter when my husband gently asked him if he had read "in defence of dogs" and wondered if Mr Millan would find it useful...
Dobionekenobi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
The pub seems a strange place to try to recruit people with dogs to be on a 'dog behaviour' type show.

I doubt many people would take dogs that were aggressive or had serious behaviour problems to the pub with them.
To be fair, whether he was legit or not, i don't think he was actually on a recruiting mission per se. He was there drinking with some other people but i think then approached us when he spotted the puppy. Just odd whatever the case. Maybe they're getting desperate for people to actually attend his show
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
it really doesn't sound as though the guy was genuine. I would imagine that there are many gullible people out there that would jump at the chance of their 15 minutes of fame regardless so touting in pubs really doesn't sound like something a TV company would do
You're so right, normaly they would either place advertisements in the local paper or cheaper and just as effective they would do an announcement between programmes. And as you also say there are plenty of gullible people out there who think being on TV will make them into some kind of celebrity.

I hasten to add that I do not include some of the folks who want to partake of the games show business (Well the more educated games shows anyway )
Dobionekenobi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Wow just seen how much the tickets for his tour are!!!! £40 standard and £99 for a VIP one. He's making a killing!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-11-2012, 12:08 PM
when my husband gently asked him if he had read "in defence of dogs" and wondered if Mr Millan would find it useful...
Love it, next time you're down the pub there'll be a cyber pint waiting for him from me
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-11-2012, 12:23 PM
To be fair, whether he was legit or not, i don't think he was actually on a recruiting mission per se. He was there drinking with some other people but i think then approached us when he spotted the puppy. Just odd whatever the case. Maybe they're getting desperate for people to actually attend his show
If I was CM going to do a tour here when there had been adverse publicity I would probably get my researches to look for people to recruit as third parties to find willing participants whenever and wherever they could.
This might be at dog shows, like minded training clubs, in the park and yes in the pub also if the opportunity arose.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >