Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 11:22 AM

Not how I planned to start my day.

I woke up this morning and put the youngsters out in the garden to run around while I went back to bed for a cuddle with Scooby (it's my day off). My garden has a temporary fence down one side, just some green netting with plastic fence poles.

Anyway about half an hour later I get a phone call from one of the staff members at work to tell me Malcolm is in one of the fields and Bandit is running up and down my drive. Now there was no real danger as there are two gates between there and the road. I've gone to great lengths to teach them both not go under gates, which obviously worked as Bandit can easily fit under most, however I have clearly neglected to teach Malcolm not to jump them

A quick whistle and Bandit reappeared so I ushered him inside. Meanwhile Malcolm's still having great fun running round the hill field, including jumping in a trough
So there's me still in my pyjamas (shorts and t-shirt) as well as my slippers walking out to the field on a frosty morning to retrieve my dog! Luckily Malcolm came back to the first whistle as well so my embarrassment was not dragged out for too long.

Both boys seemed very pleased with themselves and it certainly made the staffs day!

Once I'd gathered the boys up I went to check the fence and found that one part had fallen down, I normally glance out first thing in the morning before letting them out and the one morning I neglect to this happens!

Oh we'll no harm done, not looking forward to the inevitable laughter tomorrow morning when I get in to work though
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Well that's one way to spend your day off Jen
it wouldn't be everyone's choice though

One thing about dogs, they always keep you smiling...
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2012, 01:18 PM
your post brings back memories of the first summer in this house. oh would let the boys out in the garden while he got ready for work. they'd escape and run off down the fields to the woods, and i'd have to chase them down in my pjs and wellies it must have happened about half a dozen times before oh sorted fence out.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Well that's one way to spend your day off Jen
it wouldn't be everyone's choice though

One thing about dogs, they always keep you smiling...
I must admit sometimes I only have to look at my boys to make me smile, they're always up to some kind of mischief!

Originally Posted by tattoogirl73 View Post
your post brings back memories of the first summer in this house. oh would let the boys out in the garden while he got ready for work. they'd escape and run off down the fields to the woods, and i'd have to chase them down in my pjs and wellies it must have happened about half a dozen times before oh sorted fence out.
Hahaha, that's brilliant Atleast I didn't have far to go!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Dogs who'd have 'em?
Rottie boy.
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-11-2012, 06:33 PM
as long as they had fun.....thats the most important thing,bless em lol
Azz
Administrator
Male 

08-11-2012, 01:50 AM
I don't know why but for some reason while reading your post and visualising what you were describing I just assumed... it was snowing as well!

I think it's cos I expect no less of your naughty little lot
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2012, 08:23 AM
lol! I lived in flat with communal garden with Inca, so had to supervise her when she was in it.

Problem is I'm deaf so if I'd just nip back in for a sec to check something in oven or go for a quick wee when no-one else was in garden at time I could come back and find she was up to mischief.

one time I'd let her out for a wee not realising the guy next door had moved in as of course never heard him arrive... he'd left his back door open as he was painting..had got a sandwich, put it on coffee table then decided to go for wee before he sat down, just as I'd let Inca out for a wee ..she'd gone straight out of my door into his..saw sandwich on the table and nicked it! ..I went back into lounge to see a guy standing at my back door clutching Inca by the collar with one hand and an half eaten sandwich in the other!!!

then there was the upstairs neighbour and her knickers! ... again I'd looked out in garden no-one there put inca out with her treatball and went to fetch my cuppa, just as I did a neighbour had come through the far side gate with her washing basket to hang clothes out..Inca charged up to her..woman put basket down to pet her and as she did Inca nabbed her knickers off top of her basket!!!.. me oblivious indoors, comes out the door with my camping chair and drink ready to sit and watch her play.. to find Inca charging round the garden with a pair of knickers in her mouth and my neighbour chasing her!!!

Needless to say I soon learnt if I had to go back in, even for a second Inca had to come with me!