View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Muskrat
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Our town had its big display yesterday, I walked back from work with the groups of people on their way to the park dreading the evening!

It was actually ok. Emmie did one woof, though she may have actually been woofing at me because I was eating my tea, and Moss sat in bed with us. He listened and fidgeted when there was a loud one, but I gave him a chew and he settled down

Thankful that we've had so much horrible weather this year, he's already experienced thunder several times before 6months old!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2012, 08:18 AM
We survived WW3 last night without a hiccup, even outside for her last wee, the bangs and whizzes (I hate those ones!!) were going off and she just seemed to look up at them, but nothing else, although she did run indoors for cover faster than usual.

I hope your poor, frightened dogs have all calmed down this morning. When I look back to my previous dogs, I remember they were nervous and not themselves for days afterwards So unfair and this now goes on until New Year's Eve

I'm one of the lucky ones ..... for the time being, because my previous dog was never frightened of anything until she got to about 5, something set off the fear and we were stuck with it.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2012, 09:35 AM
phoebe was quite good the past 2 nights only a little bark at the really big ones. i think its because of the crow scarer so she thinks its that. must say a big change form other years she normally goes potty
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-11-2012, 04:54 PM
We had a bad night with them last night, there were tons of fireworks going off. Pippa was off the rails, panting, running around hiding and at one point wedged herself next to a wall and seemed to be shaking that much she was banging her head against the wall. We'd already gave her some valerian in advance but as it was her first 'bonfire night' with us we didn't know how bad she was. In the end I made a bunker for her with lots of pillows and quilts so she would at least be safe.
Paddy on the other hand couldn't care less!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Yippeeeeeee It's pouring with rain and really windy ! No fireworks tonight I am thinking

Hope it's raining for all of you too !!
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Urgh here we go again, sounds like a world war 2 battle ground round here.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2012, 10:04 AM
We've had loads for the last two evenings - really big and loud (expensive too!) home displays. Loki doesn't like them and wants to attack them, so growls and barks at the window.

The big local display is tonight but I'm not sure if we will go. My little girl wants to go but someone needs to stay with Loki and my two-year-old doesn't like the fireworks.
misskatie20
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Not too bad so far, she's been far worse before. She's a little distressed but not overly and she's not barking at them for a change, its starting to pick up now and dreading when the display starts.
I ment to get something to calm her but didn't have time after work so were going cold turkey.
Fingers crossed she doesn't get worse!
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Saturday was fine, Sunday wasn't great - tonight is awful. The build up Riley was getting used to them but tonight they are right outside the house.

He's under the bed with the cat shaking. I have a rescue worth of ferrets in show cages in the spare room also freaking out.

I bloody hate this night! I hope it doesn't get any worse because I don't know what I'll do!
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2012, 06:39 PM
I remember last Bonfire Night was unexpectedly horrendous so I've planned things better this year. Made sure they had a pee at dusk (won't be safe to let them out without huge upset to them until about midnight if last year's anything to go by), fed them a big starchy meal and we've been bunkered down since it got dark, music on v. loud. Apart from a bit of kerfuffle when a huge bang went off nearby things have been very calm. They've been dozing, Gelert in particular seems really chilled, maybe it's the Zylkene...I know if he could properly hear all the bangs he'd be going nuts though. Gracie's panting a bit and not too happy...
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >