View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Well my toy breed dogs are obviously not typical because they are never walked on extending leads and are usually offlead with the rest of them. If pavement walking they are on ordinary leads. They don't bark at other dogs and are more than happy to meet and greet dogs of any size in a friendly manner.
Out of control big dogs are far more of a problem in my opinion and that's without being aggressive, being knocked flying by a labrador intent on searching your pockets for treats is far worse than some little rug rat at the end of an extending lead barking it's head off.
Badly trained dogs not under control are a pain in the ar$e whatever their size.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Totally agree, but it does seem to be the smaller breeds that are walked in this fashion, having said that I have seen huskies on a harness on an extending lead, and I just prayed they weren't coming my way
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2012, 04:05 PM
I might have said this before but it's interesting that most of people with well behaved small breeds also have bigger dogs, or if they don't have bigger dogs at the same time I would bet they probably had experience of bigger dogs or growing up with dogs long before they became fashion accessories.

I think I could safely bet that the ones that spoil their little ones in this way and treat them like babies as fashion accessories are mostly NOT experienced dog owners and bought them as a result of celebrities making them fashionable as 'handbag dogs'.

I'm glad our first dog was a small breed (as a child) long before the celebrity culture came along, as I have those memories and experience to draw on when I downsize again as we've always had bigger dogs since.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-11-2012, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't mind but I don't even carry treats
Of course all Labradors are friendly so mean no harm, like I give a sh!t when it's knocked me on my ar$e to mug me for non existent treats or worse still the one that knocked my Mil off the park bench in his excitement to greet her, "It's ok he's friendly he's fine." She's got dodgy knees and hips and once on the floor was at the dogs mercy and the owner did nothing at all because the dog had no recall or manners. That's probably only one of two times I've lost the plot with an owner.
LauraJane9
New Member!
Female 

04-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Maybe that should read SOME people baby small dogs just as some people fail to train dogs of any size.
Didn't mean to generalize.
Rottie boy.
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-11-2012, 06:50 PM
i get this with a lot of little dogs all the time,the owners seem to think its funny.....and say things like "ooooh hel eat you"ho ho.....as the little dog is yapping and growling at mine.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Rottie boy. View Post
i get this with a lot of little dogs all the time,the owners seem to think its funny.....and say things like "ooooh hel eat you"ho ho.....as the little dog is yapping and growling at mine.
Yeah, they seem to think it's funny. One lady let her little dog out to potty as Brownie and I were walking past her house. The dog BARRELS down the yard yapping at Brownie as she says "come back girl" in the most monotone, non urgent voice EVER. I stop when I see dogs chasing me, especially little dogs, as they tend to attack from behind. Can't chase what doesn't move and stopping in front of her house gives her a chance to come and get her dog. The dog stops in Brownies face, yapping and growling she goes "You can let him take a bite out of her, I won't mind" jokingly. Fortunately, the dog was female... Brownie is not aggressive to any female dogs. It's not funny, keep those yappers in the yard and come get them ASAP when they get loose. My dog is not violent, but I'd never let him dash into the roads at passing dogs.
Page 10 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10