Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
I have to add Chappie tinned as its the only thing my Inuit can stomach any other tin and its the runs.

Cassie can only have the dryed food for the same reason, my OH fed then the weekend and took pity on Cassie's borning meal by adding a bit of meat. Even that tiny bit ment we had horrible gas all weekend

Ela on the other hand has a cast iron stomach and can eat anything, well in theroy that is!
Deborahjane
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2009, 10:40 AM
My Cavs have Wainwrights dry...boring!!! Tiny bit of tinned meat is added and the bowls are licked clean...if just the kibble is put down they wont touch it. Has to be jelly though, gravy gives them the trots!
Dry kibble is supposed to be better for them, not if they wont eat it it isnt.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 10:43 AM
funny aren't they, my 2 don't like the jelly or gravy ones, they will only eat the meat loaf ones they love the butchers tripe loaf ones
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Fred&Mya'smum View Post
funny aren't they, my 2 don't like the jelly or gravy ones, they will only eat the meat loaf ones they love the butchers tripe loaf ones
Ela used to LOVE this but she went off it after about a week, she will eat it now but only about 1 can every 2 weeks. If i give it too her more often then that its left and i get a look of disgust from her!
taniamiff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2009, 10:50 AM
I add tinned chappie to Ben's dry mix. He has a sensistive tummy and Chappie doesn't upset it. He enjoys the meal much more with the Chappie and will eat it straight away, where as if there was just the dry he tends to pick at it over the evening.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 11:43 AM
I have always fed mine James wellbeloved and 1/3 of a tin of butchers tripe each mixed in.. But this month we have changed!

We are trying Skinners field and trial Salmon and rice (for it's added glaucosamine) and Gelert tripe.. Looking at the ingredients, Gelert has even more water and less other stuff in it than butchers... Just tripe and water more or less... As the tripe is not supposed to be their nutrients, the kibble is. I figure high water content probably great! Pharaoh never drinks enough...

So far so good.

We swapped over on Friday and I have to say 'pick ups' have been if anything more solid and dogs have been less smelly... Colour me impressed.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Mine tend to get raw tripe for breakfast and then dry food with a bit of winalot or the remains of our own meal. I never really feed dry food on its own.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
No not soft. Cosmo has Burns for breakfast and Burns and Naturediet for tea.
Same here.

And Roxy gets Arden Grange and Nature Diet.

They do sometimes get tune, sardines, chicken, mackeral etc instead of Nature Diet, though. And I aways add a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in with their tea.

I'm sure dogs are fine with just dry kibble, but mine would find that pretty boring, which is why I add something else to it, bit of variety and it gives them some enjoyment too.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 01:29 PM
I really struggle to keep weight on Ivan. He is so fussy and I having tried every combination and variety of food he now gets Harringtons kibble with a little wet food mixed in. He will refuse to eat kibble and will goes days without eating. Whereas now he devours his food with such enthusiasm and poos are nice and solid.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3