View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-02-2009, 08:32 PM
I didn't get my white Boxer. My wife was completely against it and it caused a major row.

When I told her that a dog is man's best friend and not his wife, she seemed to get even more angry...can't think why.

I tried to explain. I said to her, "imagine if a man shuts his dog and his wife in the boot of his car for an hour. When he returns and opens the boot, which one of the two is going to be more pleased to see him?"

Even this logic didn't work
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Well your post made me laugh!
Maybe it was meant to be. Your white boxer would have been a huge commitment and both you and your wife needed to be equally commited to him.
Don't give her (wife) a hard time I think it was for the best in the long run.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
When I told her that a dog is man's best friend and not his wife, she seemed to get even more angry...can't think why.

I tried to explain. I said to her, "imagine if a man shuts his dog and his wife in the boot of his car for an hour. When he returns and opens the boot, which one of the two is going to be more pleased to see him?"

Even this logic didn't work

Matt - That had me laughing.

If it's any help I can confirm that having two dogs can be a problem at times and maybe your wife was thinking of when she is walking them (on lead) and one goes one way and the one goes the other

With us it's always OH with one and me with t'other. She never has to walk the two of them on her own.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2