Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 11:40 AM

Argh!!!!!!!!!!

Icon is in fact the naughtiest dog in the history of hounds....and I must be the crappest owner!

We were over the park playing fetch, and he was covered in mud as usual, when my pansy of an OH decides that the puppy is getting dirty, walks away with her (the Cav) and says she's going to walk her on the pavement, Icon follows them, and sees a woman, and won't leave her alone. I'm shouting at him to come back, and he's ignoring me coz she's walking towards him while I'm trying to walk away. My OH then tells me (which I am already aware of) how crap I am and how naughty and awful MY dog is.

I'm gutted, all I keep thinking is how this woman would have been well within her rights to report me and Icon. I'm gutted.

We start obedience again on Wednesday
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 11:43 AM
It's just a glitch, sweetie, don't take it so to heart. Icon will come good, I'm sure of it

Hugs x0x0x
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Oh hun, try not to feel so down about it, they all go through the 'ignore mum' stage, your OH should be supporting you, not running you down you're not a crap owner and you most certainly don't have a naughty, awful dog, well not awful anyway just a gorgeous boy pushing the boundaries, which you WILL get through (((hugs)))
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Oh dear it remind's me so much of my own selective hearing, I usally come home upset throw the dog lead down in temper and say "ffs someone else can train the usless dog," then half hour later when my temper has gone, go out give them a cuddle and start again, and I suspect them sensing youre in a foul mood they won't come back because as soon a the temper is gone there as good as gold.
Don't worry hun wev'e all been there.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Its just puppy angst ,Lorna dont beat yourself up over it , My lady is 6 and if i had a pound for everytime she decided oh i think ill ignore that daft bat ,called mum today .
He is still training and will come good in no time xxdk
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 12:23 PM
I hope so, I just know how much I hate dogs running off lead who don't listen, I feel like I've done something completely wrong. He can be an angel, but sometimes he's satan in disguise I'm hoping these classes will get some focus with him, and he'll soon want to listen to his mummy again......
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Dori really annoys me when she wont do as she is told, but then after a bit I think well she is still a puppy really even though she looks like a adult, she not.
You do get embarrassed when there are other people about, as you just think they will think the worse and not think you are still training.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by dori-katie View Post
Dori really annoys me when she wont do as she is told, but then after a bit I think well she is still a puppy really even though she looks like a adult, she not.
You do get embarrassed when there are other people about, as you just think they will think the worse and not think you are still training.
He is massive now, doesn't look like a pup at all.......I just feel like the woman could have easily reported me for not having my dog under control, and I know how much people get irrate about this subject, I was nervous about posting on here in case I got shouted at lol, but I just feel like I am doing everything wrong this week. I miss him so much when I'm at work and I just want things to be nice with us, I'm starting to worry he likes creche more than being with me x
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Have you done the long lead training?
I am still having to do that with Dori she will be 2 in May and it has only been the last couple of months I have let it go and let her run with out me holding it,.
I let her off completely the other day as i could see there was no one else about and my Husband was with me, I dont know what I thought he would do if she ran off but it just makes you feel a bit more confident someone else being there.

It is hard when you think you dog would ruther be some where else than with you.
When I got Dori I was at wrok for a week before the Sunner Hol's (work in a school) and I just found she wanted OH more than me and she still does which is upsetting somethimes but then she will do something another day that makes me think no she does love me
My god they are worse than having kids aren't they
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Believe me hun, next to a setter Icon is in all probability has fantastic recall!! An English setter takes selective hearing to a whole new level!!! And the whole reason Jamie goes on a long line when in an unsecure area...
As the others have said its probably a glitch, he is still a teenager and we all know what those years are like!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >