imadoglover
New Member!
Female 

20-11-2006, 05:30 PM

De-worming for dogs

Hi!
I’m a huge animal lover and I was wondering if anyone could help me solve
my problem…
I have a dog who’s name is Elvis and a cat who’s name is Princess!
I’ve discovered that Elvis had worms, (is it possible that he got from other pets???)
so I want to my vet and he gave him a de-worming medication in a tablet form but he wouldn’t swallow it!!
I didn’t want to use too much force so I tried wrapping it with some sausage but he some how figured it out!
please help me!!
Tami
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 05:31 PM
you could always crush it and put in a drop of milk i use the liquid form of wormimg
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-11-2006, 05:42 PM
hi Tami and welcome to Dogsey..
Here are details on how to give medication and some ideas from a previous thread on the same subject

Pick Elvis up and put him on the table (don't call him to you, you never call a dog if you are going to do something to them) Speak to him in a bright voice and make a fuss of him, now place your hand over the top of his nose fingers one side thumb the other where the bottom and top jaws meet and gently press the sides of the mouth in-wards and the jaws will open automatically.
Pop the tablet at the back of the mouth,quickly close the mouth and tilt the head up wards. Now stroke the throat gently in a down wards movement and the dog will automatically swallow. The whole process takes under one minute. Now give lots of praise ....

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...835#post819835
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Just a word of caution this as been going around a number of forums, it is normaly responded to by a Rafilolo a day or so later exactly the same posts and they are advertising a product. They only join to do the one post and never submit any others.
Pam
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2006, 01:22 AM
Just read this and was going to post the same as Wildmoor. It's just spam advertising used on alot of other forums.
The reply post will read just like this:
"about five months ago my dog Angie suffered from worms.
my friend told me to buy a de-worming pill and mix it with some chicken but
Angie figured it out and only ate a quarter…
that happened a couple of times unlit two months ago I’ve found a solution in a form of dry food that my Angie really liked and I didn’t have to force her at all !!! you should try it … (then a link here)"

Wonder how long it will take them to post it....