Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 12:30 PM

Argh i want another dog!!

right now i am so doggy broody its unbelievable!!

asbo is no longer a puppy, and i miss puppies! but im now also at the point where i really want my big dog! doesnt help that the weim breeder i like has just had a litter, and my favourite flatcoat bitch has been confirmed in whelp today and there are at least 6 gorgeous flatties on the way

i keep trawling through the rescue sites, and all the breeders i like, reading everything on their pages and looking at their gorgeous dogs.. id love to foster, and im sure that would help my puppy broodyness but nana wont let me so at the minute im all argh!!! about wanting another dog, its frustrating because i know i could afford another one, i know my two would love another dog, but i cant have one anyone fancy lending me theirs?
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 12:56 PM
I totally know how you feel!
Alfie is "all growed up" and I know I can't get my second/larger dog until I move out and will be a minimum of like 2 years - if not more
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
I totally know how you feel!
Alfie is "all growed up" and I know I can't get my second/larger dog until I move out and will be a minimum of like 2 years - if not more
see apart from nana (grrr) nothing is stopping me having another dog. and thats what is making it worse!
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 01:12 PM
I thought you were in a position to move out? If your nana wont allow another dog in her house then im afraid thats the end of it
Why not look into getting your own place?

I have 3 dogs and I must tell you it isnt as easy with 3 than with 2 ...
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
I thought you were in a position to move out? If your nana wont allow another dog in her house then im afraid thats the end of it
Why not look into getting your own place?

I have 3 dogs and I must tell you it isnt as easy with 3 than with 2 ...
well we already have 3 here anyway, i look after nanas the majority of time, so techniqually i have three anyway
due to a career oppurtunity (see non dog chat) i wont be moving out yet. nana is on about getting another dog for herself so we shall see what happens there aswell yet.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 01:20 PM
I can sympathise...I'm getting increasingly dog broody. Not for a puppy though (I like them in small doses) but for another Greyhound. At the moment it's veto'd by my husband - hopefully one day!!!
Good luck for getting a puppy for the future
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
right now i am so doggy broody its unbelievable!!

asbo is no longer a puppy, and i miss puppies! but im now also at the point where i really want my big dog! doesnt help that the weim breeder i like has just had a litter, and my favourite flatcoat bitch has been confirmed in whelp today and there are at least 6 gorgeous flatties on the way

i keep trawling through the rescue sites, and all the breeders i like, reading everything on their pages and looking at their gorgeous dogs.. id love to foster, and im sure that would help my puppy broodyness but nana wont let me so at the minute im all argh!!! about wanting another dog, its frustrating because i know i could afford another one, i know my two would love another dog, but i cant have one anyone fancy lending me theirs?
Me and the OH have been talking about a new dog/puppy but were waiting a bit first, doing the normal research on all breed's. I know for a fact she'd love a rotty but she's scared due to the kids dont ask why. you could borrow my bulmastiff cross rotty for a bit lol. me on the other would love a Dogue de Bordeaux.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 01:58 PM
I know what you mean! I've moved out so I can finally get another dog (Staying well away from puppies though ) but I feel like I'd be irresponsible getting one now because I've just moved into my own place and started uni It's not technically your normal uni course, I don't go out at night as it is because I already have one dog to look after and I'm home everyday at lunch to take Molly out so realistically I could easily have another dog but I feel like I'd be being stupid if I did get one!

Just think about how great it'll be when you finally get your long awaited third dog
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Isn't it just so hard! I am TOTALLY doggy broody for a second

I though you were getting a Weim some time soon? Is that off the charts now that you are not moving out in the near future?

As much as I want another I cant either as the OHs flat is a 'no pet flat' so we are breaking the tenancy already (what they dont know doesnt hurt them ) And I still have not got a fully fledged career plan. Plus Kestral is very much still in training - although sometimes I think another dog would help bring her out.

You are more than welcome to borrow her though
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
Isn't it just so hard! I am TOTALLY doggy broody for a second

I though you were getting a Weim some time soon? Is that off the charts now that you are not moving out in the near future?

As much as I want another I cant either as the OHs flat is a 'no pet flat' so we are breaking the tenancy already (what they dont know doesnt hurt them ) And I still have not got a fully fledged career plan. Plus Kestral is very much still in training - although sometimes I think another dog would help bring her out.

You are more than welcome to borrow her though
oh yes i still want a weim, and im still determined to have one! im not moving out because of the whole apprentice/diploma thing. after that i can do, because most probably i will be moving to another part of the country anyway where the jobs are. once i move then the weim will happen, obviously depending on hours of work, time to spend with the dog etc, i wouldnt get one if i couldnt give it what it needed, and regrettably would choose another breed if the situation wasnt right.

but i want another dog now!! im so impatient
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >