View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 04:45 PM
I agree different strokes for different folks, no one is right and no one is wrong as far as I am concerned, just do what suits your dog,your situation thats what I say.

MO
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 04:45 PM
whatever suits your dog is what they need, I don't get why people argue so much over that
exactly what I and the majority of others have said Kath Agree totally
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Laura
I am not getting involved because I have always fed my dogs kibble. But what I do have to say is that when we used to feed the dogs chicken wings & legs on an ad hoc basis just as a treat I guess, it was okay at first but after a whle Cassy turned on Kip a whenever there was raw chicken around.

Laura
I would think though Laura that its nothing to do with returning to any kind os instincts....IME its more down to the fact that fresh meat is more desired by the dog and that is why they will fight for it.My dogs will quite happily swap bowls of kibble all day because they don't particularly enjoy it...give them meat and they will all guard their bowls until finished because they enjoy their food...NOT becuase it has awakened any kind of 'primal' instinct.
This is one of the reasons I feed raw...apart from the improvement in health,coat,attitude,vitality and energy ...my dogs LOVE THEIR FOOD.
I have one male who although won well as a pup showed like a 'bag of spuds' once he matured.He was lethargic at home and very distant mentally . I changed to raw and he is a different dog.He is very affectionate and lively and shows like a superstar....so much so that every show he gets comments from the ringside! He has that 'sparkle' that I hope will now put him where he deserves to be in the ring and I attribute it to his food...
Now I am not against dry food etc ....if it works for you and your dog then thats great....as far as I'm concerned its each to their own
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

07-03-2005, 07:30 PM
I feed 5 in the house, they all have their own *spot*, another 5 are fed outside & they all have their own *place* all fed raw food. When they have their bones they all have them together on the lawn, no fights yet

Christine.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Mine don't fight either ...but they do eat rather quickly and are very aware of where the others are.If fed kibble they wander from bowl to bowl....not with raw...they're far to busy eating!
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

07-03-2005, 07:53 PM
*but they do eat rather quickly and are very aware of where the others are.*
So yours have manners then Archer, when mine eat it doesn`t touch the sides, gone in 2 seconds flat & boy they know exactly where the others are Most of the times tho they will wait for each other to finish before checking evry bowl making sure a speck hasn`t been left anywhere Mind the times ones finished before another & gone to help out they`ve just let him/her no cross words or grumbling

Christine.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 08:54 PM
LOl...sound just like mine....one eye on the bowl and one on the others....Once finished they each check every bowl!
Mine have their own 'positions' in the rrom for feeding...they all go there and wait for their bowls in anticipation
Russ
Almost a Veteran
Male 

07-03-2005, 09:08 PM
My two eat there own food then swap places to check each others bowls out
There always fed together and they never fight over food.
Now if i gave them a lump of meat and expected them to share Daisey would be even fatter and poor Busta would starve
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

08-03-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by Russ
Qoute from Doglistener: These village dogs are not eating meat full of additives, antibiotics and boluses, the meat is not from animals that have grazed on land sprayed with insecticides and agrochemicals. The chickens are not stacked ten high with the top ones defecating and passing on salmonella and other noxious diseases to the ones below, they are free range.

Just one Question?

Please could someone tell me what is the difference between the chicken you find in the butchers and the chicken you find used in kibble?
You can buy free range chickens at the butchers but i have never seen a complete kibble stating the same.
Its Cooked in the kibble. I have stated in almost every post that I am not against a natural diet.

Raw meat can contain parasites, bacteria, salmonella and e-coli. This is especially hazardous to puppies and elderly dogs whose immune system is not yet fully formed or has been depleted through age. The bone fragments found in raw feed can also be potentially lethal. Particles of bone can puncture the internal organs or become lodged in the throat and choke. To eradicate the dangers of contamination from raw meat, simply cook the food first before serving to your dog.

Stan
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Archer
Originally Posted by Laura
I am not getting involved because I have always fed my dogs kibble. But what I do have to say is that when we used to feed the dogs chicken wings & legs on an ad hoc basis just as a treat I guess, it was okay at first but after a whle Cassy turned on Kip a whenever there was raw chicken around.

Laura
I would think though Laura that its nothing to do with returning to any kind os instincts....IME its more down to the fact that fresh meat is more desired by the dog and that is why they will fight for it.My dogs will quite happily swap bowls of kibble all day because they don't particularly enjoy it...give them meat and they will all guard their bowls until finished because they enjoy their food...NOT becuase it has awakened any kind of 'primal' instinct.
This is one of the reasons I feed raw...apart from the improvement in health,coat,attitude,vitality and energy ...my dogs LOVE THEIR FOOD.
I have one male who although won well as a pup showed like a 'bag of spuds' once he matured.He was lethargic at home and very distant mentally . I changed to raw and he is a different dog.He is very affectionate and lively and shows like a superstar....so much so that every show he gets comments from the ringside! He has that 'sparkle' that I hope will now put him where he deserves to be in the ring and I attribute it to his food...
Now I am not against dry food etc ....if it works for you and your dog then thats great....as far as I'm concerned its each to their own
That sounds about right actually Archer Makes more sense actually, both are happy to swap bowls when its kibble but like you say fresh meat is much tastier and more appealing.

I agree whatever works for one, now questions for those who do feed raw where is the best place to start looking into it? Books, internet etc, I would like to find out more. The only part that has bothered me in the past the science to the whole thing kind of scary and obviouslty the fact that my dogs thrive on the kibble. Does anybody do a mix of both i.e. kibble and raw feeding?
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 >