Female 

01-02-2015, 07:15 PM
Great minds think alike NJ,or is it Fools seldom differ
Fingers crossed for her,hope she's ok xx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2015, 08:20 AM
Jenny, I hope Pepsi's eye is much better this morning and also her foot licking. I did post a message yesterday but like an idiot couldn't have pushed Post reply.

Amber spends time licking her paw not sure why. I thought it was when her nails needed clipping but I have done them so not sure what the problem is.

Hope you get Pepsi sorted by the vet today!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 07:08 PM
Well the redness and the gunk went away as quickly as it came ......... until today, when once again it was red and yuck filled up as soon as I wiped it away.
So off to the vet she went this afternoon.
I have to bathe it three times a day and put antibiotic drops at night. She is being so good and lets me do it with no problems.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 07:10 PM
I'm at the same thing NJ Hope the abs help xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Eileen, I know, I hope Lacey is ok. It's very important for her isn't it?
We were told today the Pepsi has cataracts in both eyes
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 07:28 PM
Are they just going to let them be NJ or did they recommend treatment?Pepsi has no problem with her sight,does she?
Yes,my wee madam has her one and only bathed and eye drops in daily.Its not a healthy eye,regularly takes infections.Its the dreaded ulcers though that worry me the most This time she has been lucky
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 07:30 PM
Ah, poor girl. Our old Blue is pretty much blind in her left eye... nothing can be done about it. The other eye is getting weak, too. If she lives to be a very, very old cat (she is currently 16) she'll certainly be totally blind.

I hope the drops help Pepsi (have always loved that name on her). It's always great when they cooperate, they seem to know you're trying to help. Dogs are far easier to treat than cats. None of the dogs have ever caused real issues, even with painful treatments such as pouring antiseptic into wounds. I was pretty badly bitten by Blue the other day. Silly old rat!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 07:48 PM
Bless her Lacey. Eyes are so important.
They haven't suggested treatment at the moment it is still early days.
Myra, if I had my way I would have changed her name to something different. I think it is a silly name but as my friend said it suits her because she is so fizzy!
At the moment she seems to see perfectly well
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Nippy, so sorry to read this I thought she may have got something in her eye that came and went, but its not is it. Poor Pepsi, give her a cuddle from me and tell her I'm very sorry
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Ah, cataracts are common enough in oldies and at Pepsi's age (14 if I recall correctly), if they aren't causing real problems already, they probably will never cause severe problems. I think once she gets over the eye infection, she will be right as rain. Cataracts would not be the cause of the gunk, so it seems her prognosis is quite good.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2