Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 09:59 PM

Hatchi - A Dog's Tale

Anybody watch this (on sky movies tonight) With Richard Gere & the gorgeus Akita
The film was a bit boring waiting for the inevitable to happen, but boy could I not get that lump from out of my throat for the last half - I didn't realise until the end it was a true story by which time I was well & truly blubbering!!
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Yep blubbed for the last 30 mins there was a post about this on here before a few weeks back.Hatch a dogs tale I'm still sobbing. Was the title.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 10:22 PM
ohhh whoops I've missed loads of posts lately so a bit behind. Glad I wasn't the only sobbing one though
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 10:25 PM
No, nearly everyone was I watched it twice more in 24 hours and managed to sob in a controlled manner for just the last 10 mins the 3rd time!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 10:03 AM
I've taped this on Sky+ but as I didn't have the courage to watch Marley and Me (I deleted it) I may just bin this one too.

I can't cope with the upset, TBH
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 09:44 PM
I have the dvd, mum got it me for xmas, I was blubbing too, so was OH a bit...but he would never admit it lol
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 10:05 AM
I've always loved the story for as long as I can remember, and still cried when the end happened, even though I knew the main points of what was gonna happen all the way through lol, mind you I have a excuse, well kinda, I know how loyal the Akitas can be, I know one that I carried from a house where the owner was horrid, wont go into too much detail, but that Akita was in the house a couple of days, but everytime the owner (even know about five years on) walked past my house he would stop at the gate and wait for someone, whether we knew he was there or not, one day no-one was in the dog waited for about an hour for someone to come out, and apparently he still waited for me (even if others came out) after I left, God I love that dog, this dog and Hachiko to me say just what the Akita can be.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Great film I stumbled across it while surfing channels and started watching it, really film not enough recognition .

found my self crying a lot in the last 30 minutes of the film especially when the wife returns to find Hatchi is still grieving for the loss of his master I think I lost it after that ^^
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 10:18 AM
I loved this film..blubbed for ages afterwards (I also blub at homeward bound!)