Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 08:44 PM

Worried about Diesel

Since Ruby's departure, Diesel seems to be growing more and more unhappy, he seemed fine at first but over the last few days he seems to have lost his spark, he's not eating properly and today refused his food completely, he doesnt want to play and just sits around looking fed up and bored.

I know he is obviously missing Ruby but the not eating is starting to worry me as i am starting to see ribs, he's never been the biggest eater anyway and keeping weight on him has always been a struggle, i have tried tempting him with all sorts but he's not having any of it.

Any idea's what i can do?
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 09:17 PM
I would be inclined to up his exercise a bit and engage him in frequent, short play sessions to try to distract him and maybe get him a nice big marrowbone to have a chew on...he'll probably be fine in a few days. I wouldn't worry to much about the eating as, as they say, a healthy dog won't starve itself (I have a poor eater too) He's just adjusting to the change in the household.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 09:27 PM
oh hun i am sure he will be feeling better soon, maybe give him a specail meal some thing he might not get all the time, lots of paly and fussing and i am sure he will come round, thinking of hun hugs to you both. xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Its suprising how much they do miss their companions, but the will get over it and as the others have said, if you can divert his attention by nice walks, cuddles etc, that will happen all the quicker.

I know you must feel even worse seeing him like this, but you must stay strong, he will get over it and you know it was for the best for the rest of your animal family.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Increase his exercise, feed him with the Cats!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Increase his exercise, feed him with the Cats!
He doesnt "do" cats, they are not to his taste
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
pmsl....

i agree with the majority - just try and distract him. new games/training/toys etc.

poor boy give him a cuddle from me.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
LOL! I meant feed him with them, not to him! My papillon wont eat sometimes, she just looks at it, till a cat comes near, she wolfs it down then!! Try a bit of Whiskas too.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
LOL! I meant feed him with them, not to him! My papillon wont eat sometimes, she just looks at it, till a cat comes near, she wolfs it down then!! Try a bit of Whiskas too.

I will give that a try, although the cats are still a bit twitchy around him, they may not hang about, theres a good chance he will eat the cat food but i didnt think that would be a good idea.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Aw honey... I agree with the distracting etc. but would also mention that my three haven't been eating either - remember whilst he has lost his companion - it's also been very hot and it's just totally put mine off their food.

And believe me - it's not like Takara to refuse dinner!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >