Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2006, 11:17 AM

First time in a year.....

..........I can smile, and actually have a reason to smile!!!!

From last October to this October its been one of the toughest years ever, and as i pass through the anniversaries of the events last year, there will be a few tears shed but hopefully i have my life back!!!

Tomorrow marks one year too the day i passed my driving test. The day i told my nan i'd passed my test i told her we could finally go out shopping in my little car and she told me "Frances, my dear, i don't think i'll ever go shopping again" One of my dreams was to allow my nan more mobility, but sadly the time came too late

A year on from when my nan started deteriorating, and almost a year on from when she died i feel like i can finally start to smile at the happy times she bought us, instead of crying at the times we sat and watched her fade slowly away, there will always be a tear shed as we pass through her anniversary, and remember the day we said goodbye, but now i can smile too. I know she'd like that.

7 Months since i stopped driving, and my fear of cars is almost under control. I will never drive again but i can now go on journeys on normal roads & motorways without a panic attack, i still need to work on the edgyness and my jumpiness around other vehicles, but i am making progress

Also i have finally accepted that my friends have moved away to other cities, but they will always be my friends, and if anything it has just made us more determined to stick together as one.

So theres my little brag, I am smiling for all the right reasons once more xxxx
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Good job Franc! You've got a lot going for you. We can see that even when you find it hard. Keep that chin up
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Good for you Frenc
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Life's knock backs can be hard to deal with at times but for all the negative things that happen there are some wonderful postive moments as well. They are not always easy to spot but they are there just waiting to be discovered.

Hope you have more light than shade and more laughter than tears
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Oh Frances I really empathise with you. In December it will be 1 year since I lost my dear Nana. She was like a second Mother too me and I feel her loss more and more as time is going on. I miss her smell, I miss the sound of her voice. I miss her hands! I know that wanting her here is just selfish as towards the end she was slipping into a depression as she had no quality of life and was really deteriorating but it doesn't make it any easier. She was a huge huge part of my life and I miss her every day but I try to remember all the wonderful times we had and there were just so many.

You sound like you are a very strong person and that you are really coming out of the other side. You should be proud of yourself for coping with everything that you have and come through it and can now smile again!
sam1984
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Hi Frances. Im so sorry to hear about you're troubles the past year. I know how you feel, when I lost my Grandad at 17 I was devastated and it really effected me badly.That was 5 years ago and I still miss him so much but it gets easier. Lots of other things have happened since then and it has been really tough but Ive kept going and you can too. PM me if you want to chat hun, Im from Sheffield too!
Sam xxx
Tom
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Awww i'm glad you are much happier now
Tom xxxx
Tom
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by sam1984 View Post
Im from Sheffield too!
Sam xxx
ooh you are me 2!
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-10-2006, 01:33 PM
We've got a little sheffield gang going, Lottie and Katie are from sheffield too that makes 5 of us xxx
sam1984
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Wow! I knew that Lottie's from Sheffield but not anybody else! Its a small world!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >