View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 06:31 PM

Just helped a dog that had been run over :-( (updated at post 22)

I was just walking up from the beach where I had been walking Icon, when a dog was run over, I saw the group huddled around and went and offered to get a blanket from my car. They were all just kind of looking at him, so someone called a vets, and this beautiful baby boy locked eyes with me, I just kept stroking him. He was shaking, but not unconscious, and eventually this guy said he was going to take him to the vet. I would have taken him myself, but I didn't think that Icon would have helped his nerves, plus the man also had others with him to hold the dog in the car.

The worst part is, we don't know who the owner is, so unless he is chipped, its going to be tough to trace him/her. The dog came onto the road from the housing estate on the opposite side from the beach so it was obviously from someone's house. Its such a shame because the vet he has been taken to isn't is nearby, its in the city....

Why don't people have tags on their pets?????

I'm going to call the vets in the morning and find out how he is doing. Poor little man, he was just lovely, obviously in pain, but no aggression at all. Love him.

I'm going to have a sweet cup of coffee now to calm my nerves I think. I just wish I could have done more
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 06:33 PM
It is horrible when you witness that, happened to me when I saw a cat get run over and I took it to the vets where I promptly burst out crying! Hope the news is good. Take care of yourself!
Becky
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Thanks becky, I just wish I could have taken him myself, but I think it was more sensible that the other guy took him I will be worrying about him all night now. x
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Well done you for helping, and for you too Becky with the cat.

My cat went missing just before I moved to Suffolk. It turned out he was hit by a hit and run driver and people saw and took him to the vets.
He was chipped, otherwise I would never have known he had died, but at least he had people with him who cared.

So again well done both of you. I know I'd do the same having had it happen to an animal of mine.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Thank goodness you and the other man helped.

Some people seem to freeze when things like this happen and time is off the essence in cases like this. I do hope the dog isn't too badly hurt, poor lamb must have been terrified.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 07:01 PM
In fairness the guy who hit him was gutted, but didn't seem to know anything about animals, a few others stopped but only to be nosey I think

He just seemed really shaky, I don't think he was too badly hurt it was more to do with the shock I think. I'm glad I stopped, even though I won't sleep tonight for thinking about him, I hope he's ok

Becky, thats really sad about your cat, but at least you know that people cared enough to take him to the vets. Its a shame it isn't mandatory for everyone to have their dogs and cats chipped
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Well done SV, have a drop of brandy in that coffee.
I hope it is good news in the morning.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Thanks Jenny, I've had a coffee and I'm trying to take my mind off it by prowling the forums on here maybe I should have a vodka.....
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Well done for trying to help Lorna. Hope the dog is ok hon xox
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks Vicki - me too, I will be ringing first thing in the morning and will let everyone know as soon as I do I hope he's ok, and not too scared
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »