Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by otis
Morning all

Otis's eye looks much better this morning, but he is still slightly squinting/half closing it. When i lift his top lid it is still very bloodshot but not as bad as it was and still a bit watery - again though not as bad.. It doesn't seem to be worrying him too much.

Do you think i need to go to the vets or just watch it? O/h tells me to just keep an eye on it cos its just probably bruised and tells me i am pathetic when it comes to worrying over the dog.

Thoughts?

Jodie
Sorry Otis.. missed you earlier.
I always ask myself what would I do in the circumstances and on this occasion I would definately see a vet.

Dogs like us get various eye problems including detatched retinas, many problems can be put right if caught early enough...ok if there is nothing wrong you have a vets bill for nothing, if there is a problem and by not seeing the vet you have caused lasting damage to your dogs sight you have to live with that thought.
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks All

Off to the vet at 5.50. Can't bare my ickle baby having a poorly eye and me leaving it. i don't care if im paranoid!

J xxx
Meg
Supervisor

11-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Thanks All

Off to the vet at 5.50. Can't bare my ickle baby having a poorly eye and me leaving it. i don't care if im paranoid!

J xxx
J I do hope all is well with your little dogs eye , If there is nothing wrong at least you are buying peace of mind
crazy daisy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2005, 07:27 PM
J I do hope all is well with your little dogs eye , If there is nothing wrong at least you are buying peace of mind
well said min have to agree
Daisy
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-11-2005, 05:31 AM
Hello Jodie...So glad you decided to take Otis to the vet. have his eye checked...It is definitely what I would have done after bathing it...Please update us one what the vet says...Hope his eye is ok and that he is soon better...Please do try not to worry too much...Lynne
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2005, 06:45 PM
†hank you all for your kind wishes. I took Otis to the vet and he was such a good boy when they put some coloured dye in it.

After examining it, the vet said it thinks it is just very bruised and will take a while for it to get back to normal.

Thank god for that!!! I have now told o/h to be more sensible when playing with him - i don't know who is more of the kid, otis or o/h!

jodie x
Meg
Supervisor

12-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi Jodie well at least you can breath again now! Poor little Otis I bet it hurts
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Hi Mini

I think his eye still really hurts him cos he is only half opening it and squinting. It is still so bloodshot aswell.

Do you know how long approx it might stay like this? As i am a born worrier i want to make sure i take him back to the vets if it doens't clear up soon.

jx
Meg
Supervisor

13-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Hi Mini

I think his eye still really hurts him cos he is only half opening it and squinting. It is still so bloodshot aswell.

Do you know how long approx it might stay like this? As i am a born worrier i want to make sure i take him back to the vets if it doens't clear up soon.

jx
Sorry Otis I can't say but guess it will take a week or so, I am glad the vet has seen it. Did the vet mention putting cool compresses on to sooth the eye ? I would boil some water adding a teaspoon of salt to a pint than put it in the fridge till cold.. soak a small piece of sterile cloth or cotton wool in this and with Otis lying next to you gently place it on the eye and hold it there for a little while if he will let you .
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Morning all

Otis's eye looks much better this morning, but he is still slightly squinting/half closing it. When i lift his top lid it is still very bloodshot but not as bad as it was and still a bit watery - again though not as bad.. It doesn't seem to be worrying him too much.

Do you think i need to go to the vets or just watch it? O/h tells me to just keep an eye on it cos its just probably bruised and tells me i am pathetic when it comes to worrying over the dog.

Thoughts?

Jodie
Pleased you went to the vets and that its not bad news. I'm always told by OH that I worry too much about the dogs too and go on about them too much. He said once that if he had a furry back and four legs I'd like him much more
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2