Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2012, 06:56 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread. (Sunday).

Morning everyone.

Well the christmas shopping didn't go too well yesterday we did get some bits but not the little fun things we like to get for the Grandchildren. Chelmsford is sadly lacking the sorts of shops we needed to achieve this.
so another day out at some point.
On the whole though an enjoyable day.

I am sat on the sofa with a big Bernese next me who has been trying to type. Keeping his humongous paws off the keyboard is a trial I can tell you so you don't end up reading words like m*&<0p.
Also trying to type and concentrate while having your ear cleaned can be quite off putting too.
He has been good again today awake at 6am Gorden got up and I got up soon after he is now laying in the kitchen patiently waiting for his breakfast.
Its amazing how much better you can cope after a good nights sleep and a bit of peace and quiet.

On the cards for me today after doing the Dillon walk is housework bedrooms today too and wrapping the little bits I have bought for Gill and sorting their christmas money into envelopes. Marzipanning the cakes and putting the tree up.
Dinner will be lasagne I made a big one yesterday after getting in from shopping and there is enough for today too.

I hope you are all feeling well and the coughs and colds are now easing and any poorly doggies and other pets are feeling better.
Sally I hope Jimmi's paws are less irritating and also Lok's paws Linda and that Kyiro's paw is now feeling the benefit of all the vet visits Bev.

I am now off to feed Dillon who has been very patient.

Enjoy your day all and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 07:08 AM
Good morning Lynn and all who follow.

Well, it's travelling day for us today. Gary insists he's going to Barnsley with us so it looks like we are all going. Car is packed with presents, paracetamol sandwiches, crisps, pop, pillows and a blanket - the latter two in case Gary needs to sleep on either the journey there or back. It's a two and a quarter hour trip each way with a following wind so 4 and a half to five hours in total. Still, it's lovely to see family and have a catch up on gossip .

We're setting off at 9 am and I imagine it will be 6 or 7 pm before we get back and despite the long day it always feels rushed when we are there.

So, off to feed Rosie, have a shower and a coffee then we'll pick Gary up on the way.

Hope whatever you lot are up to, you enjoy. Stay safe everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2012, 07:16 AM
Morning Chris.

Sounds like a tiring but lovely day. I am glad Gary is going with you as you will hopefully be able to relax a little more with him there and being able to keep an eye on him.
Have a lovely time and safe journey.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-12-2012, 07:29 AM
Morning Lynn, morning Chris, morning all who follow.

So glad to her Dillon is finally letting you sleep Lynn, broken nights and sleep deprivation is not much fun, is it. At least Pereg goes straight back to bed/sleep after she has to go out during the night.

Chris, I hope you have a good day and that Gary enjoys the outing/visiting. Safe journey.

Sun is shining here and Pereg is sprawled outside but it is chilly indoors and my feet are freezing. The rest of me is warm enough thanks to thermal from neck to wrists to ankles, and more layers on top! Just call me the Michelin old bag! I really ought to shove some washing in the machine but I have a dodgy tummy again so think I will leave it until tomorrow.

Enjoy Sunday everyone!
AliStarfish
New Member!
Female 

16-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Morning all. Lynn, I love the idea of Dillon trying to type, you'll need to get him a super sized keyboard! Brierly, I hope you have a great day and safe journey.

We currently have my in laws staying as well as my husband's brother and his wife who flew in from Sydney yesterday. It was my MILs 60th birthday yesterday so we went out for a beautiful meal last night. Twelve of us in a 3 bedroom house is actually going amazingly well!

It's the Sunday School nativity today so looking forward to the watching the kids.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Malka; I wear socks as wristies or hand coverings. No time to make fingerless gloves for me as they sell well.. Cut the toes off and a small hole for the thumb under the welt and they reach half way up your arm and keep the hands warm and I can still knit etc.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Good morning everyone, and busy days for you but a very quiet day for me thankfully. Much needed.

Dogs walked and fed, cats fed and asleep on the bed with me and a great deal of knitting to be done.. I sold a bright emerald green mohair scarf so have replaced that.. peopleneed colour at this time of year..and the floppy berets are going well..

Quiet out but a gale warning and feels cold because I am so tired. The heating is on for an hour just to take the chill off the house.

Stay safe and clear roads to all travelling...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Morning all, off to the LKA today with a friend.

Have a good and safe one all/
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Morning all.

Not long in from work and took Sal out who is a now acting like she was never sick, in fact only the shaved areas in her juglar and leg mark the event - Touch wood - had acup coffee and off to bed for a few hours.
Going out with friends this evening so just need to have a few hours and then be able to sleep tonight.

Too tired to read all the daily so Morning all and have a brilliant day.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Morning Lynn, Chris, Grandma, Ali, Rosebud and all

So good to hear Dillon is still being a good boy for you, and I see you've now managed to divert that unused energy into him learning to use the puter, this is good Lynn He can do all your e-mails for ya

Glad to hear Gary is feeling up to going to Barnsley with you today, and I'm sorry Chris, but you have made me chuckle there with your Paracetamol sandwiches I don't know whether it was a joke, or whether you forgot that comma after the paracetamol

Sorry to hear you're still suffering there grandma, and I do hope things improve for you today. Stay warm, it sounds pretty cold over there now. One minute you're shvitzing and the next minute you're shiverring!

Hope Loki and Jimmi's paws are on the mend and they've stopped licking (sorry Linda, I must have missed this bit in yesterday's threadxx) Enjoy your knitting today Rosebud, but I thought you'd be off to another Christmas market today to offload some of it, stay warm up there.

Laid awake till gone 12.30 again last night, I really don't know what's going on me with, but Dave said I'm sitting at this puter too much, so tonight I'm going to have a little trial and stay AWAY from it I will be a nervous wreck by 8pm I just know it, but I must try it and see if I get off to sleep properly. Zena is very fidgety overnight, one minute she's upside down in her bed in my room, then off she goes, takes a gallon of water from her bowl, and then thuds down on the kitchen floor, it's sooooo loud I worry she's bruising herself! She might always be like this and normally I wouldn't know about it though, it's only cos I'm lying there awake. Nothing is keeping me awake, I can hear a pin drop in this house at night and it's pitch black, perfect for sleeping, unlike the other house where I had that bdooly pub over the road!

Anyhoo, not much on today, but the woods are going to be horrendous after all the heavy rain yesterday, but the stream will be full and fast flowing for Zena's jacuzzi on the way home, she loves it when it's deep and fast, but I have to put her ball on the lead to stop it floating on down all the crevaces!

Enjoy the day everyone
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »