Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 09:39 PM

Food Processors/Blenders

A few weeks ago my faithful mini blender packed up and i've been struggling to cope without it since.

Anyway since sitting down to write out my plan of action for Christmas day i've realised i'm going to struggle to manage without one and Rich told me he hadn't bought me the one i had on my Xmas list so i'm going to head into town this week in search of a replacement.

I had my heart set on this:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...%3EBLENDER.htm

But it's not in stock in my local argos and our local shops are a bit limited. Can anyone recommended anything similar that they have tried and tested?

I want something multi functional as i'd like to have the electric whisk function so I can make meringues and stuff.

Thanks in advance!!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Sorry my reply is too late to be useful, which one did you get?

I have a Bamix which has had a lot of use and they do have a very good reputation for reliability but they are not cheap, you can get them at Lakeland. Although it doesn't have as many attachments as the one you linked to.

My only reservation about the whisk thing is that meringues can take a while and it might feel heavy to hold it for that long.

I've had my Kenwood processor a year now, it's had loads of use and I still love it so I think that they are a pretty reliable brand.

How did the Xmas cooking go?

J.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 10:36 AM
I bought a mini kenwood blender in the end to tide me over - not the one in the link. It managed everything I needed to do for Christmas though and is now often used to blend nuts and bread for the birds!

I'm still looking at getting a bigger blender and will have a
look at the bamix ones as I dont mind spending a bit more if I know it's going to be decent!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 11:06 AM
If you've got the space I'd get a decent food processor and then just get a cheap stick blender for soup in the pan, pancake batter etc.

I do love my Kenwood Libra (I should be on commission! ) It's great for bread dough, pastry, cakes, meringues, cookie dough and it has about a million attachments including a liquidiser that can crush ice, great for cocktails or fruity drinks, a grinder for nuts and a juicer (I never use) and a built in scale which is incredibly handy!

http://www.kenwoodworld.com/uk/Produ...ood-Processor/

When I got my Bamix I didn't have the space for a processor so it was great but to be honest I won't bother with another expensive one when the time comes to replace it.

I love kitchen gadgets, am I sad?

J.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
If you've got the space I'd get a decent food processor and then just get a cheap stick blender for soup in the pan, pancake batter etc.

I do love my Kenwood Libra (I should be on commission! ) It's great for bread dough, pastry, cakes, meringues, cookie dough and it has about a million attachments including a liquidiser that can crush ice, great for cocktails or fruity drinks, a grinder for nuts and a juicer (I never use) and a built in scale which is incredibly handy!

http://www.kenwoodworld.com/uk/Produ...ood-Processor/

When I got my Bamix I didn't have the space for a processor so it was great but to be honest I won't bother with another expensive one when the time comes to replace it.

I love kitchen gadgets, am I sad?

J.
Not at all, i love kitchen gadgets too!! That kenwood libra looks amazing - i just wish i had more room in my kitchen!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 12:52 PM
The processor itself has quite a small footprint but it is heavy so it needs a space on your work top...but all those extra gadgets do take up a bit of cupboard space!

J.