Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 10:01 AM
So sorry to read your news, but I am sure you will find her the perfect home
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Sorry to hear you are having to rehome Kizzy. I didn't realize you were having problems.

I can't think anyone will slate you you are doing the right thing for all of you.

Not an easy decision to make. (((Hugs))).
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 10:17 AM
It's hard and heartbreaking,but we never thought Meg would react in the way she has.
It's difficult we have to know where both Meg and Kizzy are every minute of the day,you have to make sure that doors are closed etc.

I am really disappointed,gutted etc as I wanted to show Kizzy and if she was good enough breed from her,but that is just for my own selfish reasons and not a good enough reason to keep her here and keep stressing Meg out and the rest of the family,it's not fair to any of us,least of all Meg and Kizzy.

Kizzy is a lovely puppy with a fab temperament,it's not her that's the problem,it's Meg and she just will not accept her,but she is nearly four years old now and I will not rehome her because we have a new puppy here,that wouldn't be fair or right.

Meg still gets along ok with Tyler although we did have a few incidents with her biting him shortly after Kizzy arrived, and she started to resource guard,something which she never did before Kizzy arrived,but she has settled down with Tyler again.

I will be contacting Kizzy's breeder for help with rehoming in the next couple of days.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Really sorry to hear this Sal, no-one has the right to slate you... I personally think you are making the right decision, especially with two bitches... I hope Kizzy finds a home from home and that Meg and Tyler feel better when they have you back to themselves... (((HUGS)))
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Can i ask what sort of problems you have/had? We went through this with a bitch same age & a pup bitch. How long have you had the pup?

Very wise to contact the pups breeder. Feel very much for you too.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Can i ask what sort of problems you have/had? We went through this with a bitch same age & a pup bitch. How long have you had the pup?

Very wise to contact the pups breeder. Feel very much for you too.
Meg is Dog aggressive, and will not accept Kizzy,she is now 7 months old,we have worked with them both from when Kizzy was 8 weeks old.
We have spoken to behavourist's etc but we now feel that it's just something we have to live with regarding Meg.
Meg has curled her lip and actually tried to bite Kizzy several times and we can't allow them to be together at all,they have to be seperated at all times.

Having had previous experience with two bitches who didn't get along we know that this will only get worse and we now know Meg will not accept another dog into her home,however she will live with Tyler but she came along after him and has grown up with him,but it's also a dog/bitch relationship which has always worked well.

Hubby did point out this morning also,one mistake i.e leaving a door open could result in a very nasty incident,obviously we don't want that so sadly Kizzy has to be rehomed.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 11:08 AM
A ghastly decision to make and one I've made myself in the past....... you have to put your feelings behind you and out Meg's and Kizzy's to the forefront.

I know this is exactly what you are doing, Sal, and I empathise completely with you.

Big hugs honey x0x
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-04-2010, 11:17 AM
So sorry to her this Sal I know just what your going through being in the same position as you, apart from that mine did get on for 15 months before the battling started.

You can't do it, making sure you know where they all the time, doors and gates are always shut and splitting your time between them, you end up living on your nerves and its a horrible feeling.

Your doing the right thing Sal, best of luck with finding her a fab new home.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Sending you a big hug, it is not a choice anyone takes lightly (well us dog lovers anyway) but sometimes there is no other solution.
You are doing the right thing, Kizzy deserves a life not being picked on and comfortable. It is a strong thing to do, we live with the guilt but they have a chance of a happy life.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm so sorry I know how you're feeling.......I've been in your situation in the past.....

Thinking of you *Hugs*
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >