Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I was at one of the lakes in the Cotswold Water Park to take my dogs swimming. I looked around and saw no food or barbecues so heaved a sigh of relief.

Unfortunately, one of my dogs who can detect food in a sealed can, wrapped in polythen at the bottom of a locked suitcase with a fervour reminiscent of a highly trained sniffer dog was a little more vigilan than myself.

She ran, dripping towards two people seated on a dark blanket upon which was a dark plate on which rested some cooked sausages......................

Ahem, they were not amused, despite obscene grovelling on my part.......................

My dog did something similar when we came out of some woods to find hikers enjoying a sandwich. The poor chap was just left holding a crust!

I had some co-workers over to mine for a bbq The same dog was mooching round the garden on the raised lawn area, cocked his leg & it went straight into someone's glass of Chardonnay on the table, it must've been a couple of feet away!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Every year when Dr Vadim, our Local Authority Vet, came round to give Little One her rabies shot she piddled on his shoes!

She also got off the scales at the Vet when I took her to have her teeth cleaned under a GA and poo'd.

Luckily Pereg has not - yet - piddled on Vadim's shoes, not has she poo'd at the surgery.

But on two separate occasions when I have gone to the Pension to buy some things for her from their huge store and she was loose outside playing with her special boyfriend, she came into the store to check on me - and poo'd.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 07:59 PM
My chow would take great delight in humiliating me. He used to hate going home from his walks. He would trot along like a spring lamb on the way out, but on the way home he'd shuffle along like he was 20 years old with arthritis and at every opportunity would try and turn round or steer me away from the way home. He used to wait until someone walked towards us and he'd start making choking and wheezing noises like I was throttling him, get eye contact and give the people the most hearbreakingly plaintive look as if to say "Please help me! *hack, choke*This horrible woman is dragging me round mercilessly by my neck *gasp* - oh, the agony *rattle, wheeze*!" I'd have to explain to often very skeptical people that he was deliberately putting it on because we'd been out an hour but he didn't want to go home yet. I swear half the town thought I was Cruella DeVille as that damn dog was on first name terms with far more people than I was.

They'd walk off and he'd sit there with his head down looking like he was going to collapse from my abuse. Then when they'd got a few feet away, he'd look up at me and give me a big doggy grin and try to skip off happily away from home again.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by DoKhyi View Post
My chow would take great delight in humiliating me. He used to hate going home from his walks. He would trot along like a spring lamb on the way out, but on the way home he'd shuffle along like he was 20 years old with arthritis and at every opportunity would try and turn round or steer me away from the way home. He used to wait until someone walked towards us and he'd start making choking and wheezing noises like I was throttling him, get eye contact and give the people the most hearbreakingly plaintive look as if to say "Please help me! *hack, choke*This horrible woman is dragging me round mercilessly by my neck *gasp* - oh, the agony *rattle, wheeze*!" I'd have to explain to often very skeptical people that he was deliberately putting it on because we'd been out an hour but he didn't want to go home yet. I swear half the town thought I was Cruella DeVille as that damn dog was on first name terms with far more people than I was.

They'd walk off and he'd sit there with his head down looking like he was going to collapse from my abuse. Then when they'd got a few feet away, he'd look up at me and give me a big doggy grin and try to skip off happily away from home again.
That's very smart!
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Reminds me of why I'm reluctant to let Gelert play with his boomer ball in the garden - he makes noises like he's being murdered, god knows what the neighbours think.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Was sitting in the vet's waiting room one day with my shepherd, who was a really big girl, about the size of Georgie, and she suddenly decided she was too scared to be sitting on the floor with all the other dogs, and suddenly jumped onto my lap, all 45 odd kgs of her , and I was only 20, all skin and bone, she flattened me, I couldn't get her off, I was soooo embarrassed (as you are at 20!), but much to the amusement of all the others, my face was like a beetroot!!

The most embarrassing thing I've done with one of my dogs though, was the time I was standing in the pouring rain, waiting for a taxi, outside my mum and dad's shop, where I used to take her to work with me every day. It was a small parade of shops, so cars were coming and going, and then this car pulls up, the bloke leans over from the driver's seat, so I ran over to it, opened the back door, threw in wet dog onto the seat, and got in myself and gave him my address..........as he turned around to me he said "what are you doing?" He wasn't a taxi though , he was picking his wife up from the hairdressers!!!! Oh my lord, won't forget that one either!!! He was very nice about it and did laugh, although I didn't!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 08:23 PM
I entered an open obedience show and breed show with first Weimaraner.

He peed up each pole in the obedience ring and up the leg of the judge.

Both judges in both classes said I needed more control........................
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2012, 08:29 PM
on a lovely summers morning over the park, my dog found himself a treasure which had been discarded in a bush. A condom which was very much out of the packet.
He held it in his jaws, dangling out of his huge mouth and paraded it around like a sock for the entire park to see. Very proud of his dirty little treasure.

I tried everything to get it off him (whilst keeping a large distance between us) treats, his tennis ball, and after using all my dog training skills up i proceeded between the blushing in my face to yell at him BAD BOY PUT IT DOWN NOW"

This turned it into even more of a game, as he knew it was something he should not have. Unfortunately it was just this moment when a coach load of footballers proceeded to mount off a minibus destined to play a sunday football match. In which my dog ran over to them showing his treasure with all his full glory.

That day he was not my dog, i was simply taking a nice stroll in the park, with a strange big furry red demon dog following me for no apparent reason. I now look back and laugh, but have a feeling of sudden dread each time he goes and sticks his head into bushes.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2012, 08:36 PM
There was also the time (last summer) when i took my aunties dogs out for a hike around some lakes near where she lives. A wonderful walk, really nice and relaxing with the dogs running happily off lead, taking the occassional dip in the lake.
We then came up to a lovely family picnic on a nice piece of grass just away from the waters edge. I quickly grabbed hold of the dalmation and put her on a leash as she loves her food and would likely hound them with her big eyes, and her cute spotty appearance and beg for any sausage roll, sandwich, crisp or anything they have spare. I was so busy praising her, i forgot about the elderly staffie x jackrussel.

I turned looking for him, and to my horror he was in the middle of cocking his leg right up the poor families picnic basket!! Panicking, i did the worst thing and ran forward yelling stop, stop no no. This turned the families attention to the culprit in question, and then to me.

The lady asked if he did anything, and i told a white lie which i feel very bad about now. Naughty boy...

(blushes)
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Many years ago my ex husbands parents came to visit to see where we would be living after our marriage. I wanted to make a really good impression and show them what a good wife I would make for their son, so I made a lovely dinner for them. As we finished our dinner I noticed Abe (Irish Setter) was missing. He'd been upstairs looking for things to steal. As my prospective father in law laid down his dessert spoon Abe presented him with a tampax that he'd robbed from bathroom!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >