View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-11-2011, 04:49 PM
I hear what people are saying ,but the bitch will be replaced anyway right? That space will be made one way or another...
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I hear what people are saying ,but the bitch will be replaced anyway right? That space will be made one way or another...
Yes you are correct Murf.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by SusieL View Post
Probably I'm a bit thick but I don't understand why the government don't clamp down on puppy farms. I'm sure the puppy farmers don't pay high taxes to be allowed to breed as they do, so I can't see what the government would lose by making more effort to close them down or legislate for better breeding conditions.
The Breeding of Dogs Act & The Animal Welfare Act both lay down very strict rules, but it's the Local Government(ie Councils)that enforce them & sadly they are the ones who could stop PF/BYB etc in their tracks. The Councils do get a good income from PF from local business tax & fail to enforce the already existing law correctly-they do not employ enough Dog Wardens/Animal Welfare Officers with the knowledge & beliefs to ensure the welfare of any animal let alone dogs. I used to work with an EHO who tried his best to shut down a local PF due to the conditions there(waste disposal, health concerns etc), but the Dog Warden continued to issue breeding licences to the owners & as long as the owners"appeared"to be taking actions to correct the environmental concerns they could continue. They eventually did close down on retirement & the property was sold for home building !
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
I look on many tears a lot. And when I have my own place I'd love to take on an ex breeding bitch and give them the home they deserve.
You will probably have to choose another rescue association as MT will not home to those of us who have entire pets.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
You will probably have to choose another rescue association as MT will not home to those of us who have entire pets.
Easy answer---cut out the middle man, stop whinging about it, pay out for the trip to Ireland or Wales, pay out for the medical costs and do it yourself.

Or maybe that is too much like hard work.

rune
Larrabee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Easy answer---cut out the middle man, stop whinging about it, pay out for the trip to Ireland or Wales, pay out for the medical costs and do it yourself.

Or maybe that is too much like hard work.

rune

What, show up at a puppy farm and demand they hand over one of their bitches for you to take away?

I don't understand the level of aggression towards anybody who says anything other than Many Tears are wonderful and beyond any questioning.

My dogs aren't ex breeders, I still drove hundreds of miles to get them and have paid out over £250 in vets bills so far for them. Why the assumption that the poster isn't willing to work hard?
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Again I ask what would you rather rescues do?
Well imo these rescues should be getting the puppyfams they get these dogs from closed down. Some of those poor dogs have obviously been neglected and no vet treatment sought NOW if it was Joe Public handing in their dog in such poor condition --no doubt they would be reported for cruelty
Why keep taking and doing nothing about it ??
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Larrabee View Post
What, show up at a puppy farm and demand they hand over one of their bitches for you to take away?

I don't understand the level of aggression towards anybody who says anything other than Many Tears are wonderful and beyond any questioning.

My dogs aren't ex breeders, I still drove hundreds of miles to get them and have paid out over £250 in vets bills so far for them. Why the assumption that the poster isn't willing to work hard?
If they were they wouldn't bother to keep moaning on about how they can't have a Many Tears dog because of their policies.

They'd get out there and do it themselves---as you have done, I have done and many others have.

It seems it is easier to go on about how they have been prevented from having a rescue than it is to actually get one!

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 08:54 PM
BTW----showing up at a puppy farm and paying enough for ANY dog will ensure you get it.

Certainly, like battery hens, ex breeding bitches can be obtained. All you'd need to do would be to tell them you were interested and you'd be welcomed.

rune
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Minnie is from Manchester dogs home. Not the greatest place, but they will home a dog of the same sex with an entire dog.
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >