Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Will do hon - watch this space.....
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 08:23 AM
ahhhhhh...lying in bed last night confused about your new lead...then realised...I'd mistaken your post...you didn't mean you had a 47 foot lead did you???????!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was inches wasn't it...
duh..............what am I like?!!!!
Sorry Vicki!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 11:36 AM
PMSL - yep, 47", not feet. The really long line is 30 foot.

Just had a second good walk with "the boy" - all is going really well
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1 View Post
ahhhhhh...lying in bed last night confused about your new lead...then realised...I'd mistaken your post...you didn't mean you had a 47 foot lead did you???????!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was inches wasn't it...
duh..............what am I like?!!!!
Sorry Vicki!!!
Now see this is when you know dogs have over taken your life not only do you spend all your time looking after them but also talking about them, so much so you lay in bed thinking about this!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
Now see this is when you know dogs have over taken your life not only do you spend all your time looking after them but also talking about them, so much so you lay in bed thinking about this!!
I know Mys...lying in bed thinking about someone elses dogs as well!!!!
Glad it went well today V...cor do I feel thick!!!! All that debating last night huh Mys?!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 02:00 PM
I guess the only "problem" is that he appears to be pretty miserable.......which I'm really sad about....I hope it'll get better and the mizzy little b*gger will cheer up soon...
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Oh dear......having a bit of trouble now. Len growling and struggling when I put the GL on. Even fresh roasted chicken does not distract him. Had a quick walk around the block, but he has not peed.

Baz has now taken him out on his extending lead and normal collar so he can have a "nice" walk.

Perhaps I should consider a canny..........
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 03:51 PM
it does take a while for them to get used to it V...it should all be happy happy happy and quick with him until he is used to it, it can take a fair few days...

I've never used a canny collar...so can't comment.
I used the GL on Ems to stop him pulling and jumping to get to my oH and son, rather than for pulling...also because he was so huge.

Perhaps get the gL on him and feed chicken, have the chicken in your hand..so his mouth goes onto it, and have the nose loop bit ready to sneak on , from the same hand, as he goes for the chicken...if you see what I mean.
Could also try putting it on him in a different room and just doing not a lot...but feeding chicken...then take it off...try that a couple of times tomorrow...
It's still early days and he will try and 'resist'!
BUT if he's not peeing and that's what you want him to do...then you have to consider if it's worth it. I'm guessing though that he will also 'resist' a canny collar?????

Hope it improves... Ax
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Oh dear......having a bit of trouble now. Len growling and struggling when I put the GL on. Even fresh roasted chicken does not distract him. Had a quick walk around the block, but he has not peed.

Baz has now taken him out on his extending lead and normal collar so he can have a "nice" walk.

Perhaps I should consider a canny..........
Hiya
do you know what size of canny you would need ?? and what size is your gentle leader ? as I amight be interested in a swap !!! ( thats if I can find my canny )

dani
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5