Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2010, 01:23 PM

It makes me sad

The other day we were in pets at home getting some free flow mince and stuff (still waiting for the frezer to be fitted into the shed so i can order with Landwoods ) and a guy walked in with a cardboard pet carrier and came to the desk. Turns out he brought some Degus or chincillas (he kept changing his mind what they were) 3 weeks ago and wanted to return them , he had no recipet though so they wouldnt give him his money back. Instead he handed them over to go into the adopton section they run. I think it turned out they were degus' but i have no idea they guy seemed that clueless.

Why did he buy them if he wasnt going to keep them for longer then 3 weeks? It just made me so sad.

I want some more rats and have joined a rat forum to refresh my knowlegde, picked a cage, bedding and feeding method as well as contacted a breeder. All this way before i will get any rat kittens so its really not that hard!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Thats the trouble with pet shops. These numptys walk in, see something cute and fluffy and buy it. They dont think long term. Well done for all the work your putting into getting ratties. Cant wait to see pics when you finally get them!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks! I am very excited about it, OH was worried about the money for the set up so i said it can be my Xmas pressie from him Afterall i would much rather have ratties then some expensive perfume or something. For my birthday one year he gave me the deposite for Ela, he made a little voucher and everything.

I have had rats before but its been a couple of years and even longer since i had kittens (they were rescues) so its been great to get up to speed. will post some pics of them