View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2007, 10:53 AM

sam strutting his stuff last night.......

hi all,

just like to say that i am very proud of my boy sam. we had our 4th heelwork to music class last night and he really worked hard. he was off-lead for most of it and his attention didnt stray once. (think he's making up for disappearing on tues ). everyone kept commenting on how well-behaved he was, even with other dogs so close to him (he can be a bit snappy with other dogs in his face). he was shattered when i got home last night

got an assessment later on in june which goes to our progress award for heelwork to music, so really looking forward to putting the whole routine to music and seeing what he can do!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 11:02 AM
to both you and sam and with his assesment in june
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2007, 11:06 AM
aw thanks very much dollyknockers. i'm pretty chuffed with him
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Oh well done Sam - thats great

(would be interested to hear what sort of things you have covered in your 4 lessons)
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2007, 11:20 AM
we've covered weaving, spins and twists, circling, different poses (bows, begs, up on back legs), crawling, roll overs. but most of it has been about getting the dog to move in a natural way as opposed to the heel position. so it involves trotting, cantering, and moving at different speeds and different positions ie. moving backwards, forwards, sideways etc. keeping the dogs attention cos most of it is off-lead (!). but i gotta admit its one of the things that really keeps his attention, and that tail never stops wagging!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 11:34 AM
I have a big soft spot for your Sam!!!
I am thrilled he's doing so well, what a good lad...see he can be off lead and come back.
You have worked wonders with him ,well done. You must be so proud.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by springergirl View Post
we've covered weaving, spins and twists, circling, different poses (bows, begs, up on back legs), crawling, roll overs. but most of it has been about getting the dog to move in a natural way as opposed to the heel position. so it involves trotting, cantering, and moving at different speeds and different positions ie. moving backwards, forwards, sideways etc. keeping the dogs attention cos most of it is off-lead (!). but i gotta admit its one of the things that really keeps his attention, and that tail never stops wagging!
That sounds really interesting..wish there was a club close to me, I would be very tempted to give it a go...certainly sounds like Sam finds it interesting too
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I have a big soft spot for your Sam!!!
I am thrilled he's doing so well, what a good lad...see he can be off lead and come back.
You have worked wonders with him ,well done. You must be so proud.
aw thanks ramble. i have a big soft spot for him too :smt049

well i do my best with him the little tinker. he seems to really enjoy doing heelwork to music though. hes got a lovely flowing trotting action, bless him! and loves doing all the little tricks involved!
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2007, 12:48 PM
hali,

if you go to the paws n music website you can put your postcode in there and it will come up with any classes near you. hope you find one as its really good fun and really tires them out, physically and mentally
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Oh I am so please to read how well Sam is doing - you are so dedicated to this little wonderful rogue and you never give up on him. So glad to read that you and Sam are really getting to grips with HWTM - good luck with it - keep us updated!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >