Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
My Arthur
New Member!
Female 

27-03-2012, 12:12 PM

Please help...

Good afternoon, Please could you help as to which forum would the following be best suited to,

We have a 4 year old rescued Bichon Frise called Arthur,

we took him to a local grooming salon in Llanelli West Wales and the end result is he had to have three quarters of his ear amputated as the trainee who groomed him tied elasticated bows around each of his ears cutting off the blood supply to both an act that was not supivised by a qualified staff member, I am not putting ANY BLAME onto the poor student this happened to,

fortunatly his other ear is now ok but Arthur is not himself at all whimpering all the time, we made enquiries and found a number of dogs and cats that had been seriously injured at this training salon so got together and the BBC filmed us where the program was aired last night, we have found over 12 dogs ourselves that have been put through hell and we need everyone to know as it is a grooming acadamy where students pay upto £3600 each to be trained please take care where they train as do not want other dog, cats and students to go through what has happened at this salon, Heres the link http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01f102r
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2012, 12:19 PM
unbelievable
My Arthur
New Member!
Female 

27-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Tell me about it, horrified was not the word when I saw what had been done, The thing is the BBC filmed 5 dogs and their owner but only had the time to show 3, The salon owner has denied ANY wrong doing and tried to blame it on US, that is really shocking, We just need everyone to be careful who is in the grooming industry or is thinking of training to do so, there are very good and talented dog groomers in Llanelli and around the UK and you never ever hear anything like this happen, but this ONE SALON is making up for all of them put together, I heard that if the worst thing that ever happened in one of their salons was an owner was unhappy with a groom then that would be it but not cutting animals to this extent
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Elastic Bows? What are these? Is this something they put in for vanity/show purposes? Or something they use while grooming them?

Geez! Here in Cyprus when I had a dog that needed regular trimming I would only take her to the one place that let you sit there and watch the whole process right down to the bath at the end.

Sum it up by saying lots of dog parlours here actually proudly boast on their signs 'We do not anaesthetise your dog'

I was told that many do - for things like toenail clipping and all over trimming and that's why they insist on the dog being left there all day.

I can't hardly believe this. How awful.
My Arthur
New Member!
Female 

27-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Hi Tangutica

You can see from these pics some of the dogs have bows in, also is it common to have the groomers helper soooo tight forcing the dog upwards?

and would puppies be bathed all together? all it takes is a spoon full of water to drown?

Here the link these photos came from which is open for public viewing
http://www.cutz4mutz.co.uk
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Absolutely appalling!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2012, 07:15 PM
How totally disgusting.... poor dogs.

Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-03-2012, 07:33 PM
What I dont understand is ,how you did not notice how tight the bows were on your dogs ears.

For the injury to have been so sever which results In the dog needing surgery to amputate , the elastic band would have to been left on the dogs ears for days?

Did you not notice when you brought your boy home from the groomers that he had elastic bands round his ears?

Looking at the pics I can see the dogs are strung up to tight, but apart from the ear pic, not sure what else is realt wrong.
My Arthur
New Member!
Female 

28-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Hi Jackbox glad you asked

We dropped our two dogs off at the salon in the morning and picked them up at around 5pm the same day so who knows how long they were in for at that point,

they have been to this salon a few times before and everytime Arthur came out he has an elasticated bow in the fur directly BEHIND one of his ears be it blue or red,

on this occassion he had two green bows in what looked like exact same place, being a naturally fluffy dog there was no way of telling any different by just looking,

Our older dog had Cushing's Disease so they had to sleep together down stair because we have a walking toddler and it is not safe having her urinating constantly all around the home so they sleep in one room with plenty of news papers on top of polythene sheets,

We had them in with us on the sofa for about half an hour or so and Arthur showed no signs of distress at this point, and put them back in their room while we bathed the children had food etc then went to bed at 8pm as up at 5am with baby,

it was only by the following morning Arthur was shaking his head and wimpering but only thought that these bows were just to tight in his fur, I went to take them out and you know the rest of the story from there,

As for the dogs strung up in the groomers helper, the belly strap deff to tight these poor dogs are practically on tip top I dont think this is the usual practice to have these things so tight, I hope groomers on this site will agree
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2012, 08:56 AM
I don`t understand why you haven`t sued them. That`s what you need to do.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >