Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
I agree if they had done something that was not supposed to happen and used an endoscope and found an old injury I would have screemed blue murder.
I would have been like those PETA people a few years ago and climbed over the barrier with my dog and chained myself to something solid.(only joking)

But I certainly would have made a bit stink about it
Exactly it doesn't get much worse than being disqualified from what is arguably still the most prestigious and well known dog show in the world, i'd have been itching to get my point across if i felt that there was no case to answer
pam
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2012, 04:35 PM
The Clumber Spaniel has now just been failed, having won through under the most respected all round judge Mrs Ferelith Somerfield.

The dog in question is a multi-titled winner from overseas who has been to countless different shows where they vet check on entry to the showground. From the pictures it looks like he has had previous top wins on the continent under this year's Crufts BIS judge Frank Kane.

I expect the owners of the other high profile breeds still to show are having second thoughts. Will be very interesting to see the absentee rate in St Bernards, Mastiffs, Neapolitan Mastiffs, GSD and Dogue de Bordeaux tomorrow
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Either the owners of the bulldog are lying or this video and the information in it is wrong.

I wonder......

rune

You have put the wrong video up Azz! That is not the one I sourced. That is a totally different thing.

rune
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2012, 04:43 PM
here's video footage of the disqualified Bulldog - she looks of moderate type, moves freely and is certainly not struggling to breath :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=FkyTG-GgDLk

...and if Ferelith Somerfield doe'snt know a good dog then no-one does - what are the KC doing ?????....the fall out from this Crufts will be VERY interesting indeed !!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
Exactly it doesn't get much worse than being disqualified from what is arguably still the most prestigious and well known dog show in the world, i'd have been itching to get my point across if i felt that there was no case to answer
I do agree with this...but they may be stepping back to get advice about the best way to deal with it - jumping straight in may not be the sensible thing to do.

I also think I read somewhere (though this may well not be correct) that they didn't get the written vet report immediately. If that is the case, they would no doubt have to wait for that and if so, they may well have wanted to keep it relatively quiet until they do in case the vet decided to put something new in the report to cover himself.

If it was me, I would wait until I had it in writing, then I'd be asking Clair Balding for an interview on the show to air it all then.

I realise that there are lots of ifs and buts in the above...I just really hope we all get to know the actual facts at some stage very soon.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by bijou View Post
here's video footage of the disqualified Bulldog - she looks of moderate type, moves freely and is certainly not struggling to breath :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=FkyTG-GgDLk

...and if Ferelith Somerfield doe'snt know a good dog then no-one does - what are the KC doing ?????....the fall out from this Crufts will be VERY interesting indeed !!!
LOL! Maybe none of the judges DO know a 'good dog'

rune
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Either the owners of the bulldog are lying or this video and the information in it is wrong.

I wonder......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYg5D...ure=plpp_video

rune
Why would the footage dictate the owner is lying??

Are you saying they lied about a touch being shone in the eyes .

My guess on this is we will see over the next fw days many of the listed breeds being disqualified for one reason or another.,

The bulldog in question does not look exaggerated at all, and if what is being put out about it being an old injury, then its eagerly proven, all the owners have to do to stop any accusations of untruths is publish the dogs vet records..
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
of course.

thousands would agree as well.

time will tell if society goes my way, as it did per the human version......
Mmmmmmmm from my understanding the human version is still going strong
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Why would the footage dictate the owner is lying??

Are you saying they lied about a touch being shone in the eyes .

My guess on this is we will see over the next fw days many of the listed breeds being disqualified for one reason or another.,

The bulldog in question does not look exaggerated at all, and if what is being put out about it being an old injury, then its eagerly proven, all the owners have to do to stop any accusations of untruths is publish the dogs vet records..
"the vet won't be doing anything the judge can't do"----I suppose they could carry torches but I doubt it and if that IS what happened (and no one yet knows), then either the judge should have done or the vet shouldn't have.

rune
pam
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2012, 05:33 PM
It is going to have massive repercussions, that's for sure.

The checks have started for the first time at Crufts and will be used at every general championship show from this point on.
Ya can all rest assured entres will be down in many classes
Page 14 of 40 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »