View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

05-02-2010, 12:23 AM
(M2M - if you eat diary products you're still supporting the industry).

Ok so here's dish 4, made with left overs from dish 3 (which was take 2 on dish 1 ).

I used a pack of mixed beans from Waitrose. Put them in the fridge to soak last night, but when I looked today half the water was gone! So topped it up and left it out in the kitchen for around 4-5 hours. Hope that was enough!!!! ...out of all the dishes so far think this was my fave - as it wasn't so spicy but just enough to make give it some flavour.

I fried some more onions, more garlic, added some paprika, salt, pepper, then when that was cooked added yesterdays left over. Then added the cooked beans which I had already boiled for 10 mins, then simmered for around 30 (prob longer). Then added it to the mix and simmered for about half hour (added a bit of water and some more garlic too).

Lets hope I didn't give myself food poisoning
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Tomatoes would have gone down well with that Azz
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
(M2M - if you eat diary products you're still supporting the industry).

Ok so here's dish 4, made with left overs from dish 3 (which was take 2 on dish 1 ).

I used a pack of mixed beans from Waitrose. Put them in the fridge to soak last night, but when I looked today half the water was gone! So topped it up and left it out in the kitchen for around 4-5 hours. Hope that was enough!!!! ...out of all the dishes so far think this was my fave - as it wasn't so spicy but just enough to make give it some flavour.

I fried some more onions, more garlic, added some paprika, salt, pepper, then when that was cooked added yesterdays left over. Then added the cooked beans which I had already boiled for 10 mins, then simmered for around 30 (prob longer). Then added it to the mix and simmered for about half hour (added a bit of water and some more garlic too).

Lets hope I didn't give myself food poisoning
Azz I'm aware of that, thats why I'm a vegetarian and not a vegan!
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2010, 12:38 AM
I also have never drank milk from a young age because I don't like it we use rice milk now, and I drink black tea and have done since being 3 or 4 years old, I'm not perfect I buy free range eggs, but as I said I'm a vegetarian and have been for well over 40 years,I'm happy with my choices.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

07-02-2010, 05:11 AM
Ok here's another:

Lentil curry/ish

Got the recipe of my sister, was nice but a bit too hot for me... I didn't have any chilli powder so chopped up a real chilli instead!

Cook lentils in water, add half an onion, 3 garlic cloves and chop a green chilli and add it. Add salt. Let that cook for about 30 mins.

About 15 mins thro that time, fry some onions and another 3 cloves of garlic (think I did too much so would change both amounts to 2). Add some Garam Masala mix (most supermarkets sell it) and salt. I actually chopped half a birds eye chill and put one whole half in there and cut the other half up into small bits (I removed as many as I could at the end mind). Once that's done leave aside until the lentils are done and then add them to the pan and simmer until the water dissolves and they're fully cooked - although 15 mins or so in add some copped fresh coriander.

Serve with rice or cous cous.

Was quite nice - just a bit too hot for me even tho I took most of the birds eye chilli out and only put one green chilli in!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
That looks nice but I would probably like the bean one best. Have you tried either with tomatoes? Do you need the salt for flavour or could you leave it out?
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3