Waiting for my consultant to call
Need to go pick up a light switch for the kitchen
Another lovely day here
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-06-2021, 07:52 AM
Morning griff and all to follow.
Bit overcast here today and rain overnight. Not cold though.
Cooker being delivered today and getting ready for niece and her OH coming tomorrow.
No news on Margaret so not sure of she is home yet, thought I would leave it a day or two before ringing.
No news on Charlie yet today will message Michael later this morning to see how he is.

Hope the phone call goes well griff.

Hope everyone is well today, keep safe.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2021, 08:08 AM
Good morning Kelly, Lynn and all who follow

Hope phone call goes well Kelly

Fingers crossed Charlie make a full recovery and that Margaret is home and comfortable.

Overcast first thing but sun is now out. Taking son to hospital later for an ultrasound on his shoulder. It is painful to move across his chest or even lift much above his waist. No news yet on when contracts will be exchanged

Hope all are well. Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2021, 09:25 AM
Morning Lynn, hopefully the cooker gets dropped of promptly and that today brings good news of Charlie and Margaret
Sue, hope your son's ultrasound goes o.k....i wonder has he got a frozen shoulder??
Call wasn't good. I was told before Christmas to halve my treatment ( bare in mind my original consultant told me a couple of years ago that I would never be off treatment) with a view to getting me off it...so the instruction was wait until new year and halve the dose....I did and I had my jab and got Ill, I said at the time I believed it was a flare up....gp agreed, consultant said it was the covid jab. This has happened to me on a few more occasions recently and I was starting with night sweats again. Anyway, call came, we had a chat and he finally accepted that my disease is active again!!!! He said that just because my bloods didn't look too bad didn't mean that the disease wasn't active.... exactly what I said and exactly what my old consultant said. I now have to go back up to the full dose and hope that it stops it again.
Also, he mentioned the covid jab...he said that they have just tested immunocompromised people who have had organ transplants and their antibody response to the vaccine has not been as good as expected, he said that they have begun giving a third dose and they will be monitoring how they respond and how much it improves them with the likelihood that I will be needing my third dose much sooner, he said there was a blood test that they were using but the government haven't authorized it for use in my condition. He just said that I needed to bare in mind what he had told me about the effectiveness of the vaccine in immunocompromised patients and that I should still be careful, I did tell him I haven't been to the pub yet, or out for a meal and I guess I won't be able to go out on a Friday or Saturday night for a bit if I do decide to go.
All in all, not a great phone call, also means that I now know I definitely won't be able to have kids
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-06-2021, 10:19 AM
Hope son gets on ok Sue, Michael@s neck locks to much exercise it did it the other week when he was washing his hair over the sink all his muscles knot up.
It causes him agony he goes to a physio and they massage it till it unlocks and tell him to stop training so hard, hard when training for a triathlon.
So hoping son gets some good results and treatment after his x-ray.
griff sorry to hear the phone call wasn't a good one.

Waiting on cooker still but according to tracking won't be long now.
Charlie is fine this morning vet didn't give anything as he was confident it would clear up well, this morning it is much better and Charlie is much happier.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2021, 11:48 AM
Brilliant news about Charlie, maybe he was a bit shocked yesterday
Went to find Steve but couldn't so going back home, he will call me when he has finished
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-06-2021, 12:13 PM
Cooker arrived and in.
The guys loved Dillon especially the younger one he wants a Bernese it's his dream dog.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2021, 03:55 PM
Good afternoon all from a beautifully warm and sunny (if busy) Skegness.

So glad to hear all is well with Charlie. Such a relief for them. Hope Margaret is now home and settled.

Oh Kelly, not the news you wanted to hear, but hopefully, at least when you are back on your full treatment you will start to feel a lot better. Fingers crossed for you.

This flat sale is going to be the death of me. The solicitor said it was all held up now as they were waiting for the Landlord to get back to them regarding the LPE1 (?). I phoned the landlord and the fee price was sent straight back to them last week. A stroppy email from me to solicitor. It will be delayed again because the guy dealing with it is on holiday until Tuesday. I've sent a cheque (£450 for filling in forms - wow) which he should get by his return. Of course, it will then have to clear. They don't do card payments unfortunately

I'm surprised our buyer is being so patient. Let's hope that continues
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2021, 04:02 PM
God Chris, ours will take a bank transfer no problems...do you know who your buyers solicitor is? Perhaps you could explain to them that your solicitor is being a nob..... funny how when they want they can move at lightening speed
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2021, 04:11 PM
Hope you like the cooker once you start using it Lynn and that all goes well for tomorrow's meal. Good news about Charlie.

Not the news you wanted Kelly but at least he agreed you should go back on your full dose. Hopefully you will soon begin to feel a lot better.

Tell me about it Chris. Solicitors and pain in the proverbial. Hope it all starts going right from Tuesday.

We had no reply from the solicitor regarding the transfer of funds. Estate agent rung to say she and the sellers solicitors were doing to start to bug him. I rang him this afternoon and surprise surprise he actually answered his phone. All funds had now been received and he was ready to go ahead but needed the say so from Ben as it is a legally binding agreement so could not take what I had to say as right. Ben rung him a short while later and guess what did not answer his phone. Left a message to say go ahead so hopefully contracts will exchange tomorrow. Once this has all gone through I think Ben will write to his superior to say how annoyed he is at the way things have been handled. Bearing in mind the same company handled his sale and there were a few hiccups on that like losing two buyers and not being able to find a management company that was mentioned in searches but it was all dealt with quickly and efficiently and went through before the end of March. Both sale and purchase were started at the same time so what the heck happened
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >