View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-03-2015, 03:09 PM
I vaccinate my dogs , because they go in kennels, and they require them, so I have little choice in the matter, that being said, I let Millie and Bandits lapse in later life as they did not have to go in Kennels, but as long as I have to use Kennel I have to vaccinate.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2015, 04:30 PM
The cats had their shots when we first brought them home but most of them stay in the house. The dogs get regular vaccines. There are large numbers of squirrels, possums and raccoons around here. The dogs will kill anything that wanders in the yard.
sandgrubber
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-03-2015, 05:30 PM
It depends. What people are saying isn't especially relevant unless the people know what they are talking about.

Bordatella vaccine is a whole different kettle of fish than parvo vaccine . . . and if rabies is present in your area and your dogs interact with either wild animals or animal control, you MUST keep up to date on rabies.

You need to find a vet you can trust . . . and discuss this with the vet. There's a lot of very stupid vaccine phobia out there . . . as well as quite a bit of mercenary over vaccination.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2