Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 04:41 PM

Waste of time..

Does'nt it just bug the hell out of you when some one comes to you with a question about your choosen breed, and you answer that questions in the honest and nicest way possible, yet the next thing you hear is they havent taken a blind bit of notice to the advice you have given!!
Here im talking about, some one asking what health tests the Chinese Cresteds should have done (They asked about the breed as a whole, and i was honest with all my answers ...pros and cons)!! They still deciced the breed was for them, although said they had alot of research to do as i was the first person they had spoke to about the breed and hadnt even looked into them, apart from pictures!

I sat there ages, and told them what tests the breed need, why they need them and what the pups could suffer from if there parents where not tested for said tests!

Now they have brought a puppy home ... Visitied breeder, and picked pup straight up ...Done no more research than they had before speaking to me, and didnt go to some one that tests!
I feel like i waste my time, i cant believe some one that knew all the risk would still support some one to lazy to test there dogs! - It takes the mick out of all us that are passionate about the breed, and its health..and doing all we can before the breed goes down hill...The tests are avalible for a reason, and i havent got time to sit around all day explaning things to people that dont even care to take my advice on board!

arghhh this has made me so so so angry! .... but rant over!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 05:03 PM
i feel your pain, the amount of times I have talked to people about health tests etc etc and yet they have gone and bought a pup from gumtree or the like - sometimes you do wonder.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Yes it does make you wonder, after knowing about tests and then still going to unethical breeders..It makes me think how much does this person care for the breed, not to mention the breeders.
Of course i enjoy helping people wanting to get a family pet but to have it thrown back in your face..drives me mad.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 09:30 PM
People like that make me so mad! Such idiots!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 07:42 AM
I think in these cases it often comes down to money and patience. If they got the health tested puppy from a good breeder they would probably (although I know not always) have to pay more and more importantly wait, maybe some time. So when they see an ad for less money, no questions asked, pay and take the puppy away today, that's what they do.

Pat yourself on the back to for persisting trying to help even in the face of this.

And just because I am nosey...how did you find out what they'd done?????

J.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 06:46 PM
I guess your right, selfish people not wanting to wait for a decent bred, healthy pup..so line the pockets of the first breeder they come across..good or bad!

Because, they told me!