View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
deva
New Member!
Female 

18-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Its just the poor metality of some people wanting to breed these 2 dogs together or any other which will result in the possibility of the breed being banned because of bad temperments.
Mine was from one of those accidental litters where the owners of the two dogs thought, with the best of intentions, that they would be able to keep them apart while the bitch was in heat. Unfortunately, as they've now discovered, t'is easier said than done. So I wouldn't class them as having a 'poor mentality' just maybe a bit naive (and I know for a fact it won't be happening again!).

And, as it happens, she is the daftest, soppiest, sappiest, most sensitive, loving, and most non-aggressive dog (with people and dogs) you'd be likely to meet, so I really don't think the AB is under threat of being banned as a dangerous dog from this mating.
Kendo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-04-2005, 04:05 PM
Hi I own a Romany Bulldog & is relitively new & going over the last comments made about pure breeds her kind wont be pure until 7th 8th or even 9th gen is produced lol anyway my point is if a breed can be enhanced or giving fresh blood then crossing a breed into an other breed can have its benefits, 1 breed that has been improved although not still called them are the bulldogs in Europe bulldogs Cross Breeding with the Olde English Bulldogge (0EB)– a Project approved by the Swiss Kennel Club
& I would like to see our Kennel Club do the same as the bulldogs in the uk are cripples & other breeds are going the same way.
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2005, 05:04 PM
I love daft dogs, mine is one huge daft one... he is special
Sue-
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-04-2005, 09:11 AM
And hopefully she keeps both breeds qualities, Im sure shes a brilliant companion. lovely pics
pythonpalace
New Member!
Male 

25-09-2005, 08:10 PM

This is my American Bulldog / Bullmastiff cross. This was an adoption. But this has turned out to be one of the best dogs I have ever owned. This is definately of of the best crosses in my opinion. And this dog would never give a bad name to either parent breeds.

Since the adoption I have found hundreds of people who have the same cross and find this dog to be one of the best if not the best they have ever had as well.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Gems
Sets them off? more like multilates them, sorry JMO

so true gems, if anything just give the dog a "hard image" which is not what a bull breeds need!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3