View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 11:59 PM

breeders advertising litters on admart? Your thoughts on the ethics of this?

or any other free add site

whats everyone views

personally i would never do it and doubt i never ever get a pup off there!
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 12:07 AM
fundamentally wrong.

xx
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 12:11 AM
its so wrong!
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Any breeder worth their salt in this day and age should never need to sell pups this way. I can understand why it might have been done in years gone by - but technology and transport these days dictate that it shouldn't happen. Good breeders will have a waiting list before they even breed. And good breeders breed for themselves - and not to satisfy public desire.

jmo.

xx
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 12:50 AM
i agree there is no need to advertise on admart at all! not even if meet every need and match that at a good breeder should do! if you are a good breeder then you should have a list of people who want your puppies

i agree with you zounds
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 07:33 AM
dont know admart, but dont think it matters were you advertise so long as your paticular were you pups go to,its alright saying you should have a waiting list for puppies, so you have a waiting list of eight people and then have a litter of ten pups, dose that make you an irresponsable breeder
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Well... I think that waiting lists should cover all eventualities - I would have thought the usual would have been that there would be more than a waiting list (if that makes sense - it's early! lol) That there should perhaps be too many to offer a pup to everyone. However, if one does end up in that situation, which is entirely possible and understandable - perhaps a slightly more localised advert would be better. It's never ideal - but at least you can properly vet the homes etc of hte people you sell to then.

xx
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 08:03 AM
well i disagree totallywith wat your saying,not many people that breed has a waiting list every time they have a litter to home all of there pups,most breeders have to advertise at some point.there is nothing wrong with that so long as the breeder is willing to keep puppys until sutable homes are found.as for advertising ,i never advertise locally.again dose this make me a bad breeder
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 08:11 AM
I agree that a reputable breeder would have a list for the pups to start with,but that doesnt always go to plan. The free ads are the most popular amonst ppl, and believe it or not there are a lot of good homes that check there too, as i did with Keisha
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 08:45 AM
I've never had to advertise my litters, I normally have people waiting (plus a few extra) I wouldn't breed if I didn't have homes lined up.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »